The 2012 London Olympics Whinging Bah Humbug Thread.

Started by mongers, June 18, 2012, 02:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on July 27, 2012, 09:03:04 PM
You know, lately I've been seeing the "whinging" as a same word for whining. Never saw that word used before.

I don't know it's origins, I guess it's impart popular over here because Aussies were/are want to talk about whinging Poms  who visit or emigrate to their fair continent.

See also "whinging pommy bastard".   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Ah yes, the US team looked great in their Chinese made uniforms! Actually, I did like the uniforms. I had to laugh when our politicians made a stink about the uniforms being made outside the US. Where have they been, haven't been noticing the world wide economy and trade, except when they want to make a lame political point? Lol. Then do something, if they can, to help some of these manufacturing businesses to come back to the US!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: KRonn on July 27, 2012, 09:03:04 PM
You know, lately I've been seeing the "whinging" as a same word for whining. Never saw that word used before.

Brits have been using it as long as I've been on the internet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

I prefer it with the "e" - whingeing, without the "e" it looks suspiciously colonial and is indicative of the fall that this once great nation has endured since the close of WW2.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on July 28, 2012, 03:05:01 AM
With an e? crazy pommie.

Same with "ageing" and "dieing". Even my Macbook keeps correcting that. :bleeding:

Richard Hakluyt

In any event, the Aussies are right about the whingeing poms. Whinge, moan and bloody complain.....it is the national sport; where other countries have revolutions the Brits just keep on grumbling. It is one of the main reasons I never emigrated, one can't go to a place like the US, Canada or Australia and wander about moaning about how everything is going to the dogs.........it is grossly impolite to do that in someone else's country that you have chosen to live in........so I stayed in this bloody dump instead and kept my freedom to whinge  :mad:

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 28, 2012, 03:15:53 AM
In any event, the Aussies are right about the whingeing poms. Whinge, moan and bloody complain.....it is the national sport; where other countries have revolutions the Brits just keep on grumbling. It is one of the main reasons I never emigrated, one can't go to a place like the US, Canada or Australia and wander about moaning about how everything is going to the dogs.........it is grossly impolite to do that in someone else's country that you have chosen to live in........so I stayed in this bloody dump instead and kept my freedom to whinge  :mad:

:lol:

And So True.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 28, 2012, 03:15:53 AM
Ian Leslie made that point about Romney:
QuoteFrom the point of view of Seb Coe and co., Romney's foot-shot was perfectly timed. Suddenly, our poor indigenous moaners had all the air sucked away from them. Nobody wants to be associated with an American's criticism. (It reminded me of the last-minute boost to British support for the Iraq war created by France's stubborn opposition to it). Nothing brings the British together more than a foreigner doing what only we're allowed to do: have a moan about Britain.
:lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 28, 2012, 03:02:55 AM
I prefer it with the "e" - whingeing, without the "e" it looks suspiciously colonial and is indicative of the fall that this once great nation has endured since the close of WW2.
Hah! You Brits are ruining the Queen's English!   ;)

Tonitrus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?