News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Solmyr on August 10, 2012, 12:20:35 AM
I believe on the second one you convert 3 spaces as you got 3 hits.

That is true! So 3rd will be Lille
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

ulmont

Fleet comes out, Ottomans build a galley.

Habbaku

Don John captures Algiers and sets sail for Tunis.

Off to Szmik.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Scottish lords look rather rebellious, btw. Just saying.

szmik

QuoteEngland: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from England:
I don't see Treasure Fleet roll, while Hawkins sits in North Atlantic which is 1 of possible areas fleet may appear.
Therefore a roll for placement. Only 1-2 matters anyway

:hmm:

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Didn't see Hawkins hanging out beneath that phantom colony marker, so...off to the Treasure Fleet roll.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Hawkins gets a hit against the Fleet.  1 VP or a treasure, Szmik?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

My connection is up and down randomly today  :mad:

Hawkins takes VP

Quote1 / Tilbury Speech [COMBAT]

Message from England:
Naval move

Drake to South Atlantic
Hawkins to Atlantic Coast, colony to Roanoke
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

garbon

Quote#75: 2 / The Lost Colony [MANDATORY]

Message from France:
Fittingly targeting Roanoke Island.

Colony disappears. 2 CP spent on planting operative in Holy Roman court.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations

#53: 4 / Grand Tour

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4 influence with Papacy.

szmik

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2012, 01:23:26 PM
Quote#75: 2 / The Lost Colony [MANDATORY]

Message from France:
Fittingly targeting Roanoke Island.

Colony disappears. 2 CP spent on planting operative in Holy Roman court.

:nelson:

garbon

Why are you laughing that your colony got destroyed? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Yes, it's almost like he didn't know I'd saved that card until he placed a colony (given that the Protestants don't look like they'll ever be colonizing).

Speaking of which, Kat, you're up.

szmik

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2012, 05:50:44 PM
Why are you laughing that your colony got destroyed? :unsure:
Should I whine or throw a tantrum?  :)

I didn't know you had the card, but chances were someone would get it. Oh, well