Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on July 03, 2012, 10:46:29 AM
Quote#18: 4 / City State Rebels
4/4 - 1 merc in Metz

Not legal.  Metz isn't home territory for France.  I assume that you'll raise that mercenary in Reims and then winter it to Metz, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I would do winter stuff and end the turn, but Del is still holding his last card in ACTS.   :rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Sol, thanks for attempts.
Garbon, I wasn't planning on making it capital, but seems i'd be dumb not to now :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2012, 02:39:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 03, 2012, 10:46:29 AM
Quote#18: 4 / City State Rebels
4/4 - 1 merc in Metz

Not legal.  Metz isn't home territory for France.  I assume that you'll raise that mercenary in Reims and then winter it to Metz, though.

Oops, yeah that. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Did what I could of winter stuff before I need to run again.

Anna and Philip's marriage results in Philip's murder--Spain loses its +1 card/2 admin rating for the rest of the game.

Don Carlos and Elisabeth de Valois, meanwhile, simply break off their marriage and return to the pool.

Will finish when I return, otherwise Del can finish after he plays his card.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: katmai on July 03, 2012, 02:44:20 PM
Garbon, I wasn't planning on making it capital, but seems i'd be dumb not to now :lol:

Hmm...well I guessed that was a rule misunderstanding.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2012, 02:51:20 PM
Anna and Philip's marriage results in Philip's murder--Spain loses its +1 card/2 admin rating for the rest of the game.

:whistle:

Solmyr

Wow Habs, your first turn sucked beyond belief. :pinch:

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on July 03, 2012, 03:01:49 PM

Not much I can do about dice.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Patronage results are in:

Brueghel is still working, returned to pool.
de Lorne composed 1 vp worth for France.
Bellaso hit upon either a vp for the HRE or a bonus, up to Solmyr.
Ali Reys managed to get exactly a 9, the only result that woulud get him back into the pool.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

garbon

Quote from: Delirium on July 03, 2012, 04:23:32 PM
de Lorne composed 1 vp worth for France.

Very interesting given that de l'Orme was an architect. :D

Delirium

Right, file sent. Winter stuff is done including new regulars, but not Spain's move. I'm sure I forgot something, but vp are calculated and we're ready for next turn. I think. Except that Solmyr has to pick a science reward.

Delirium

Quote from: Solmyr on July 03, 2012, 03:01:49 PM

Agreed.

Habbaku

All the more reason for everyone to be antagonistic to one-another and deny VPs where possible.

If you have Storms, stop someone's piracy attempts.  If you have Dragut Falls, play it.  If you have Northwest Passage, send someone's expedition off.  Spain isn't in any position to stop everyone by itself and, with the death of Philip, isn't goiing to try.

-J. R. R. Tolkien