Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:18:33 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 04:08:44 PM
Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:07:13 PM
It's not lost until I ally Scots, then lose next resolve.

Not quite.  Since you're eligible to influence the Scots, you're also eligible to lose them.  If the French or the Protestants activate them via Eloquent Ambassador or Scottish Lords Rebel, you'll lose Edinburgh.

I seriously doubt that, you change their diplomatic status. If Scots don't control Edinburgh, whoever becomes their ally doesn't get it, unless holding it already. Only Scottish Lords Rebel is arguable, because if you resolve the status, where do you place their troops if they lost Edinburgh?

Quote3. Place Square Control Markers: Remove control markers
from any keys of this minor where the control marker is from a
major power that was eligible to activate this minor during this
status check. Keys of this minor power that now have no control
marker on them are then marked with square control markers
from the activating power.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Your troops then get displaced I believe.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

szmik

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 04:22:36 PM
Your troops then get displaced I believe.
This is weird imho.

When for example Spain fights HRE and Spain has Papacy as the ally, HRE gets Rome through siege, then you resolve status and Rome goes back to Spain if hold as ally?? Really?
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

All the more reason for the HRE to attack Milan instead of Rome.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

The new FAQ actually deals with this:

QuoteStep 4(Activate):
If the check was triggered by Scottish Lords Rebel, the procedure is always the same:
1. If result is alliance with England or the Protestant and Mary Queen of Scots is alive in Scotland she becomes captured in England.
2. All Scottish spaces come under control of the power who wins the diplomacy roll.
3. All units in Scotland not allied with the controlling power are displaced. Units allied to the controlling power remain in place.
4. Remove all Scottish troops from the map and replace with 2 Scottish regulars in Edinburgh.

If the check was triggered by Eloquent Ambassador or Mary Queen of Scots, the activation is resolved just as it would be for any other minor power. Step 4 can be divided into these cases and summarized as follows:
 Power that won status check was already Scotland's ally:
o No changes at all take place.
 New power now controls Scotland; all Scottish spaces were controlled by this former ally:
o Deactivate the power from its current ally (if any) and then activate it as an ally of the winning power. All spaces in Scotland will be under control of this power. Units from other powers are displaced if they occupy one of these minor power home spaces that just had a control marker removed.
 New power now controls Scotland; some Scottish spaces were controlled by a power other than this former ally:
o Deactivate the power from its current ally (if any) and then activate it as an ally of the winning power. Spaces in Scotland that had been under English, French, or Protestant control will now be under control of the winning power. Spaces in Scotland that had been under control of another power (such as Spain) remain under control of that other power. Units from other powers are displaced if they occupy one of these minor power home spaces that just had a control marker removed.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:31:19 PMWhen for example Spain fights HRE and Spain has Papacy as the ally, HRE gets Rome through siege, then you resolve status and Rome goes back to Spain if hold as ally?? Really?

No, if Spain wins the check and keeps the Pope, there is no change to Rome's status, HRE keeps it. Scottish Lords Rebel is the exception, the winner takes all spaces regardless of Scotland's former status, if I read the FAQ correctly.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

katmai

Preached Sermon in Netherlands

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 5

QuoteConvert Brussels with the 6
s-Hertogenbosch with 5 and unrest placed there as well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Katmai, remember that spaces in unrest don't count for VPs or space count.

Off to Garbon.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

szmik

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2012, 04:53:19 PM
Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:31:19 PMWhen for example Spain fights HRE and Spain has Papacy as the ally, HRE gets Rome through siege, then you resolve status and Rome goes back to Spain if hold as ally?? Really?

No, if Spain wins the check and keeps the Pope, there is no change to Rome's status, HRE keeps it. Scottish Lords Rebel is the exception, the winner takes all spaces regardless of Scotland's former status, if I read the FAQ correctly.

FAQ actually confirms that my example is perfectly viable.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

garbon

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations

#72: 4 / War with Poland

Message from France:
3/4 - Patronize Clouet
4/4 - Add 1 dip influence with Venice

Off to Sol.

garbon

Oh and I'm off to the Cape, so moves this weekend could be slower and definitely CB-less. :D

katmai

Solmyr

katmai

heading to BBQ, so turn won't be in til later this evening/early tomorrow :blush: