News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 05:16:00 PMFAQ actually confirms that my example is perfectly viable.

Okay, what am I missing?

QuoteIf the check was triggered by Eloquent Ambassador or Mary Queen of Scots, the activation is resolved just as it would be for any other minor power. Step 4 can be divided into these cases and summarized as follows:
 Power that won status check was already Scotland's ally:
o No changes at all take place.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Anyhoo, I'll be away for most of the day. In case Katmai decides to post a move and it does not affect me in any spectacular way, I will use my other home card to build two galleys in Corona (sp?) and two regulars in Buda.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

On English control of Edinburgh, Scottish Lords Rebel and other minor power diplo checks, I refer you to this thread on BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/803902/scottish-lords-rebel

QuoteHowever we'll have to be careful to distinguish this from playing Eloquent Ambassador to trigger a diplomatic status check here. In that case the minor power rules are applied without any exceptions, so if England had conquered Edinburgh from Scotland -- and France wins the check again -- then England holds on to Edinburgh since no activation or deactivation procedure is triggered.

szmik

reading comprehension failed me :whistle:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

katmai

Quick heads up, having to make flight/travel arrangements to attend funeral atm, so won't be able to make my turn till later today.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 30, 2012, 01:26:17 PM
Quick heads up, having to make flight/travel arrangements to attend funeral atm, so won't be able to make my turn till later today.

Eek. Sorry to hear about that. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 05:36:12 PM
QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations

#72: 4 / War with Poland

Message from France:
3/4 - Patronize Clouet
4/4 - Add 1 dip influence with Venice

Off to Sol.

Patronization is random.  You need to roll to see which one you're getting.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Right, today I'll be gone for most of the day as well, to actually play a live game of Virgin Queen. It seems unlikely that play will come around to me a second time though.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 30, 2012, 09:20:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 05:36:12 PM
QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations

#72: 4 / War with Poland

Message from France:
3/4 - Patronize Clouet
4/4 - Add 1 dip influence with Venice

Off to Sol.

Patronization is random.  You need to roll to see which one you're getting.

Oh gotcha. I guess I'll fix when I get home?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Sorry for weekend delay guys And meant Rouen not Calais for 2nd conversion sorry for mistake in ACTS message sent out.

Quote#46: 4 / Spanish Fury [RESPONSE]

Message from Protestants:
Preaching Sermon in France
1-2/4
Patronizing Artist
3-4/4

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 5

Message from Protestants:

QuoteNantes, Rouen are converted. third conversion is wasted as i don't see a eligible spot.

Habbaku

Can't convert Calais as there is a Catholic unit there (the galleon) and no 6 was rolled.

Not sure why you think the third conversion is wasted. You can convert Rouen, Boulogne, Chartes, Grenoble, Poitiers and Nantes...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Because i was unclear from reading rules :blush: third conversion would be Chartes, will fix file and resend.

Habbaku

Think of Protestant conversions as infection (I know I do).

Do you have a host space?  Do you have a place to spread (even across a sea zone)?  Are there conversion-antibodies (Catholic troops) present?  If the first two are true and the third is negative, minor conversions can hit it.  If the third is true, you need a major conversion (a 6).  It's that simple.

Also, your file didn't include Brueghel's patronization, but that can be fixed.

Del posted his move; it's off to Szmik now.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai