News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

szmik

I was waiting for Spain   :Embarrass:

But he's passing for the rest of the turn.

QuoteEngland: Play Card as Operations

#65: 2 / Puritans

Message from England:
1/2 1 merc to Berwick
2/2 1r2m from Berwick to Edinburgh

File sent.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

If you are having trouble determining who is up or why they haven't made their move, it's probably your turn.

Tactically-speaking, though, why are you piling more troops onto Edinburgh?

Garbon's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 10:22:29 AM
If you are having trouble determining who is up or why they haven't made their move, it's probably your turn.

it didn't occur to me until now, could have done my move last night

QuoteTactically-speaking, though, why are you piling more troops onto Edinburgh?

Garbon's up.
Must be Eastern European thing of overthinking moves.  :contract:

See: Tamas  :secret:
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Wait, you think Tamas actually thinks about his moves?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

garbon

Quote#50: 4 / Council of Troubles

Message from France:

1/4 Villegaignon and free colony in Guinea Coast
2/4 Villegaignon moves to Antilles where he drops colony in Florida (risky!)
3-4/4 Villegaignon initiates piracy attempt in Antilles

Villegaignon scores two hits for 1vp and 1 Spanish treasure. Villegaignon takes his treasure back home.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Garbon, I made a file with all the relevant stuff (including treasure award), so no need for one from you.

Off to Katmai.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 01:46:42 PM
Garbon, I made a file with all the relevant stuff (including treasure award), so no need for one from you.

Off to Katmai.

:glare:

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

You going to make a play, then, Sol?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 01:46:42 PM

Off to Katmai.

Oh then yes, everyone ignore mine! :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Heh it's okay I remember that you are playing Sol.

My turn will be later as on phone at movie theater.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 01:50:59 PM

I will, as soon as someone tells me which of the two #18 files is the correct one. :P

Solmyr

And while you all are pondering that, I have a rules clarification and an offer. It seems the Genoese decided to let me finance the Spanish Treasure Fleet, which would generate two treasures (or well, an extra one for the Spanish row and then Habs would decide which two to send with the fleet). If I'm reading the rules correctly, it's absolutely useless to Habs atm since he has no cards to spend any treasures with. On the other hand, the English and the French could potentially position their captains to intercept it, if I played it later to give them time. So I'm wondering if the Enligsh or the French are willing to cut the Emperor in on the treasure deal. Or well, if the Spanish are willing to offer something to get the fleet away before anyone can pirate it.

As an aside, does the pirate marker already in Antilles affect the possible treasure fleet pirating in any way?

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2012, 01:52:35 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 01:50:59 PM

I will, as soon as someone tells me which of the two #18 files is the correct one. :P

A question that has already been answered.