Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

szmik

Must have been a fly?  :nelson:

Anyway, while Katmai goes back home I could make my play in advance :D
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 03:30:22 PM

Are you sure that Spain is passing, though?  Might want to check with them first.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Treachery I understand, sure.  But Tilbury on top of it?  Why play Treachery at all if you're honestly worried about him dealing out 4 hits to you while you get 0 in exchange (which would be the only case in which Treachery fails to take the city)?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 03:34:33 PM
Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 03:30:22 PM

Are you sure that Spain is passing, though?  Might want to check with them first.
Are you?  :hmm:
Quote#31: 5 / Treachery!

Message from England:
Edinburgh

1 / Tilbury Speech [COMBAT]

Message from England:
Gain 2 extra dice in a field battle, naval combat or assault (but not piracy). If England, gain 4 extra dice. Must be declared before either side rolls.

Request: 6-sided die x 10

Message from England:
Assault with 4 mercs
6 dice attacker + 4 dice defender

1 English Mercs and all defenders eliminated

FIle coming

That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Ah, Polish logic.

Katmai's up, then Garbon after him (Del already posted his play).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

My rolls tend to suck and odds seemed better, but it might be overkill.  Good for you I lost 1 extra card.  :sleep:

English passing for the turn.

garbon

France is pleased to see that England wasted nearly all of her cards and the turn taking Edinburgh.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 04:03:30 PM
France is pleased to see that England wasted nearly all of her cards and the turn taking Edinburgh.

Spain is also quite pleased with that outcome, actually.

Spain also recommends the French use that card that was given to them for its intended purpose...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:02:56 PM
My rolls tend to suck and odds seemed better, but it might be overkill.  Good for you I lost 1 extra card.  :sleep:

You may see one card - I see England having spent 9 CP this turn to take a key that can easily be lost in a diplomatic status check. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 04:04:57 PM
Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:02:56 PM

You may see one card - I see England having spent 9 CP this turn to take a key that can easily be lost in a diplomatic status check. :hmm:

:contract:

It's usually worthwhile for the English to make a cheap attempt against Edinburgh.  But the moment those mercenaries appeared should've been the clue to head elsewhere.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

It's not lost until I ally Scots, then lose next resolve.

You're right Habs. Sure, I learn my lessons the hard way.

Habbaku

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:07:13 PM

Not quite.  Since you're eligible to influence the Scots, you're also eligible to lose them.  If the French or the Protestants activate them via Eloquent Ambassador or Scottish Lords Rebel, you'll lose Edinburgh.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 04:04:40 PM
Spain also recommends the French use that card that was given to them for its intended purpose...

I mean - wouldn't that just be cruel?

Habbaku

He must be shown the folly of his arrogance.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 04:08:44 PM
Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:07:13 PM

Not quite.  Since you're eligible to influence the Scots, you're also eligible to lose them.  If the French or the Protestants activate them via Eloquent Ambassador or Scottish Lords Rebel, you'll lose Edinburgh.

I seriously doubt that, you change their diplomatic status. If Scots don't control Edinburgh, whoever becomes their ally doesn't get it, unless holding it already. Only Scottish Lords Rebel is arguable, because if you resolve the status, where do you place their troops if they lost Edinburgh?