News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Classic X-COM: UFO Defense AAR - "Languish Force"

Started by Tonitrus, June 06, 2012, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Later, an alien harvester is taken down over the Himalayas.  (mountain missions are pretty rare, so always a treat)

DGuller taking down a hostile...

Fahdiz clearing some caves...

More kills...

Not much later, an alien BB is spotted over North America:

It is finally downed, by the necessary quartet of Interceptors(only one just heavily damaged this time!), on the outskirts of Moscow:

viper37 leads his squad in clearing the area surrounding the BB wreckage...

Having cleared the area around the ship, the team gets ready to penetrate the wreckage...but a massive explosion is heard, and as the HWP moves in...it is apparent that one of the Mutons misfired its blaster launcher...

Tragedy, as Maximus is killed while taking point on entering the craft via one of the wrecked engines...

Sgt. ulmont takes down the last hostile on the 3rd level...

Tonitrus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 16, 2012, 02:58:18 PM
Some day I'll get drafted.  Some day. :(

I thought I hadn't gotten you yet, then noticed your name on the current mission I am running...I'll take a screenshot if you die.  :D

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

ulmont

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 16, 2012, 08:05:27 PM
:ultra:

Dude, you got a shoutout on page 3, although you did have to work with Viking.  Several updates before I showed up.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on June 16, 2012, 08:05:27 PM
:ultra:

You had a heroic death defending the citizens of Bombay.  Better to go out that way, rather than the way Yi went down.  :P

Tonitrus

An alien harvester is spotted on Sri Lanka!  Jaron and co. speed out to investigate....hitting the landed craft in the middle of the night...

Capt. "Cold Stone" Jaron doing what he does best...

Zoups taking down two levels of floaters...

Moving in...

...oops, forgot interior shots...but Jaron would take multiple hits storming the control room, yet come out unscathed...another flawless mission.

Commander katmai's mission would not be quite as flawless...Kleves caught in the open, and gunned down from a floater hidden inside a nearby house.  Capt. Idealogue orders the building demolished:

Capt. Idealogue orders the building demolished:

Then Gups is killed by a sniper on a rooftop...AnchorClanker gets revenge:

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 16, 2012, 07:44:27 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 16, 2012, 02:58:18 PM
Some day I'll get drafted.  Some day. :(

I thought I hadn't gotten you yet, then noticed your name on the current mission I am running...I'll take a screenshot if you die.  :D
:cheers:  "I understand.  In death, a member of X-COM: UFO Defense has a name.  His name is Benedict Arnold."
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Kleves

That's what I get for following Katmai's orders.  <_<
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jacob

FunkMonk

When do I get mind controlled by the aliens and start building a bridge for them?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on June 18, 2012, 05:34:32 PM
Am I still alive in this thing?

Yes...on garrison duty at one of the monitoring stations.

And, while I don't reference every recruit, I will always make a reference to everyone's demise.  ;)