News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's morning in Wisconsin

Started by citizen k, June 05, 2012, 10:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on June 06, 2012, 09:10:33 AM
Of course, it is a fiction that the Dems MUST have this source of political power to counter Republican power from large financial backers. The Dems have their own large financial backers, and it isn't like there is anything stopping them from raising billions in super-pacs as well.

Except that, well, billionaires and corporations don't traditionally the Democratic Party.  Gotta have those tax cuts, regulatory relaxation, and lack of accountability to the public, you know.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2012, 09:19:32 AM
Of course, it is a fiction that the Dems MUST have this source of political power to counter Republican power from large financial backers. The Dems have their own large financial backers, and it isn't like there is anything stopping them from raising billions in super-pacs as well.

Except that, well, billionaires and corporations don't traditionally the Democratic Party.  Gotta have those tax cuts, regulatory relaxation, and lack of accountability to the public, you know.

Don't the Dems excel at the latter? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2012, 09:17:36 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2012, 09:15:14 AM
I hope that all of you will tell the clerk at the DMV why they shouldn't have the freedom association.

If I were to give them advice, I'd advise them to find a job that they actually enjoy.

Perhaps you can advice them to be born wealthy as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hansmeister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2012, 09:19:32 AM

Billionaires and Corporations love taxes and regulations, since they have the werewithals to get around them, creating a competitive advantage against small business, which is why they tend to support Democrats.

Although Corporations tend to give to both sides as a for of protection.  The argument that the rich and corporations favor the GOP is another bunch of uneducated claptrap without evidence.

You are a fucking moron.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2012, 09:22:47 AM
I hope that all of you will tell the clerk at the DMV why they shouldn't have the freedom association.

If I were to give them advice, I'd advise them to find a job that they actually enjoy.

I think hands-down, DMV employees are some of the most disgruntled individuals I've ever met.  But then their gov't cushion gives them the leeway to be down right terrible.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2012, 09:24:41 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2012, 09:22:47 AM

I think hands-down, DMV employees are some of the most disgruntled individuals I've ever met.  But then their gov't cushion gives them the leeway to be down right terrible.

What about the ones that don't have a "gov't cushion"?  Like in Missouri?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 06, 2012, 09:18:59 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2012, 09:14:45 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2012, 08:59:20 AM
Are workplace conditions deteriorating?

Slashing $1.85 billion from the Wisconsin education system, yeah, I'd say workplace conditions are deteriorating.

What was slashed was the Union negotiated health care plans.  The Unions negotiated for the State to buy health insurance from the Union itself, grossly overpriced for what was provided in order to create a slush fund for the Union leadership.  By getting out of this corrupt arraingement school districts have been able to increase spending on actual education.

There isn't $1.85 billion in health care costs for Wisconsin teachers.  :lol:
And no, the school districts have not increased spending on "actual" education, what with the voucher program eliminating $71 million to Milwaukee public schools alone.  But that's where all the niggers live, so it's OK.

Your arguments are pathetic.

I've missed you cranking up your Bill O'Reilly Ad Hom n' Hyperbole Machine(tm) You've been deployed far too long. :hug:

Meh, I don't have any kids going to school in Wisconsin anyway. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 06, 2012, 09:23:47 AM
Billionaires and Corporations love taxes and regulations, since they have the werewithals to get around them, creating a competitive advantage against small business, which is why they tend to support Democrats.

Although Corporations tend to give to both sides as a for of protection.  The argument that the rich and corporations favor the GOP is another bunch of uneducated claptrap without evidence.

You are a fucking moron.

See above post. :hug:

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2012, 09:02:02 AM
Oh boy.  One group of Republicans and another group of Republicans.  That sounds like lots of fun.

Except it wouldn't work that way.  The splinters would have to cater to the same interests that used to support the Democrats.  Because somebody is going to get those votes....
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 06, 2012, 09:23:47 AM

Crap Hans said something I agree with completely :weep:

I suddenly feel pangs of self doubt.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2012, 09:28:15 AM
Oh boy.  One group of Republicans and another group of Republicans.  That sounds like lots of fun.

Except it wouldn't work that way.  The splinters would have to cater to the same interests that used to support the Democrats.  Because somebody is going to get those votes....

Nope. All Dems will forcibly convert or emigrate.

Razgovory

Why would they?  In our hypothetical why would they endorse the ideas of party that couldn't cut it?

Hansmeister

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2012, 09:30:14 AM

Nope. All Dems will forcibly convert or emigrate.

That is why we are next door to Canada.  :Canuck:

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2012, 09:33:43 AM
Why would they?  In our hypothetical why would they endorse the ideas of party that couldn't cut it?

The same reasons the old Republicans ended up endorsing the Federalists ideas.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2012, 09:27:00 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on June 06, 2012, 09:18:59 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2012, 09:14:45 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2012, 08:59:20 AM
Are workplace conditions deteriorating?

Slashing $1.85 billion from the Wisconsin education system, yeah, I'd say workplace conditions are deteriorating.

What was slashed was the Union negotiated health care plans.  The Unions negotiated for the State to buy health insurance from the Union itself, grossly overpriced for what was provided in order to create a slush fund for the Union leadership.  By getting out of this corrupt arraingement school districts have been able to increase spending on actual education.

There isn't $1.85 billion in health care costs for Wisconsin teachers.  :lol:
And no, the school districts have not increased spending on "actual" education, what with the voucher program eliminating $71 million to Milwaukee public schools alone.  But that's where all the niggers live, so it's OK.

If it is necessary to cut so much from the Wisconsin educational system, then it is definitely critical that they get the teachers unions out of the power to call the shots on how those cuts happen.

After all, the teachers union does not represent students. They represent teachers. They are not there to protect the interests of students, but to make sure that those who pay them are shielded from any cuts.

The idea that teachers unions have anything other than a very passing interest in supporting education beyond their own pay and benefits is spurious. You don't need a union to advocate for education. You do need one to organize trading votes for higher salaries and bennies.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned