EUROVISION 2009

Started by Syt, May 07, 2009, 09:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ape

Is this crap finally over?  :)

Viking

Quote from: Ape on May 16, 2009, 06:29:56 PM
Is this crap finally over?  :)

Yes, in most of Europe except norway. We'll have it until next may.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Cecil

I read on the news site we managed a good 21st place this year. Excellent, though not as good as getting kicked out in the semis. Maybe next year we will and my dream of us cancelling our participation in this competition will be closer to being fulfilled. :)

Syt

Germany didn't finish last, even though the song sucked royally.

WTF was the Greek entry thinking?

I enjoyed Bosnia a lot.

Norway - FFS, that guy can't even properly sing!

Second place for Iceland is very ok, though. Their 18 year old entry:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

I think Norway's win was deserved. If we were judging individual aspects of performance, there were other contestants that were better than the guy, but overall I think it had freshness and charm other entries lacked.

And what's your beef with the Greek entry? It was cool.

Syt

Boring beach dance pop that Sakis Rouvas has presented there a gazillion times, but always the same way and always unsuccessful. Plus, we laughed our asses off at his supercool macho wannabe performance that was only topped by the Finnish Eminem Sr.

Favorites among the group I watched with were Iceland, Estonia, Norway, France, with some nods to Armenia, UK.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

We liked Iceland, France and Armenia, too. Don't think I remember Estonia.

Viking

from one of my relatives at home on facebook

Quotethe icelandic people are overjoyed with Eurovision second place.....and I think deep down we think it is a sign....that other things, such as the recovery of our economy, will go well..

To be completely honest, if we were a proper country we'd not make such a big deal about achieving second place. But since we just barely qualify on paper, we're very happy about this.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

Quote from: Viking on May 17, 2009, 03:53:37 AM
one of my relatives

In Iceland that's, well, everyone.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Brazen

Norway so didn't deserve to win, let alone by the biggest margin ever.

Bit concerned the UK did so much better than previous years - I hope that doesn't mean they follow the Lloyd-Webber mid-second act nothing musical number option.

Our international beers were surprsingly drinkable and one of our party made cupcakes with the flag of each nation!

Languish meet in Oslo next year? Get on the case Norgy and Slargos!

Syt

A friend of mine is actually very happy Norway won because she's studying Norwegian (bokmal) atm. She said Norway had to win, because today is their national holiday.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2009, 04:38:56 AM
A friend of mine is actually very happy Norway won because she's studying Norwegian (bokmal) atm. She said Norway had to win, because today is their national holiday.
That makes sense. All countries win on their national holidays. That's why, for example, the French shouldn't have tried to beat Mexicans on Cinquo de Mayo.

Viking

What is a black metal enthusiast doing watching eurovision?

Syt

Quote from: Viking on May 17, 2009, 06:06:37 AM

We do like other music besides metal and classical.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Viking

Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2009, 06:21:46 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 17, 2009, 06:06:37 AM

We do like other music besides metal and classical.

I was referring to her.