News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EUROVISION 2009

Started by Syt, May 07, 2009, 09:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

We sent 5 votes for the sweet sweet Slavic (born in Belarus) Norwegian boy... and he is winning!  :w00t:

Liep

Is this the end of the eastern mafia?

Scantily clad bellydancing Turks may enter into the European Union, btw.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

I think Graham Norton did admirably.  Of Malta's entry 'it takes a lot to fill this room and she managed it' and of Spain's backing dancers - 'they're like the Loose Women Christmas party' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2009, 09:14:02 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2009, 10:17:18 AM
I blame this for inspiring American Idol.

Which went on to inspire something far worse: Canadian Idol.
I think they're both inspired by the British Pop Idol which was in turn inspired by Popstars and something else which was probably inspired by Eurovision :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2009, 11:31:13 AM
It's the homo UEFA championship

I am glad my Super Bowl isn't a popularity contest.  All events based on judging and voting =  fail.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 16, 2009, 05:12:38 PM
I think they're both inspired by the British Pop Idol which was in turn inspired by Popstars and something else which was probably inspired by Eurovision :(

Eurovision is the cancer that is destroying Western Civilization?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Perhaps it is. The thing is, for every vote that is cast in favour of a neighbour or a political ally, any artistic value notwithstanding, you get a vote cast for a genuinely good song. It happened this year. While some votes were definitely "political", the advantage by which the winner won (pretty much twice the number of votes that the second contestant got) indicates that people are voting for cool music. This may be not exactly the world's highest art, but it is pretty cool.

Here's the winner. A cute guy (fag vote) from Norway (Scandinavian vote), born in Belarus (Slav vote), singing a Russian/Irish style song (Western vote). He was bound to win. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiH4BFTELME

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2009, 05:46:32 PMHere's the winner. A cute guy (fag vote) from Norway (Scandinavian vote), born in Belarus (Slav vote), singing a Russian/Irish style song (Western vote). He was bound to win. :D
Oh I am furious at Scandi stealing of Ireland's Eurovision cultural heritage.  First the Ronan Keating impersonator from Denmark and then Norway.  Ireland was attacked by kitsch Vikings <_<

Patricia Kaas deserved to win.  FOR SHAME, EUROPE!
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 16, 2009, 05:50:54 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2009, 05:46:32 PMHere's the winner. A cute guy (fag vote) from Norway (Scandinavian vote), born in Belarus (Slav vote), singing a Russian/Irish style song (Western vote). He was bound to win. :D
Oh I am furious at Scandi stealing of Ireland's Eurovision cultural heritage.  First the Ronan Keating impersonator from Denmark and then Norway.  Ireland was attacked by kitsch Vikings <_<

Patricia Kaas deserved to win.  FOR SHAME, EUROPE!
Perhaps. But all of us aging wine-drunk, bolognese-fed fags at my flat voted for the guy. :D

Hell, I alone sent 5 votes for him. :P

Viking

Bad news, marty, he may look gay, but he is straight.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2009, 06:03:43 PM
Bad news, marty, he may look gay, but he is straight.
Sounds like all my boyfriends. :P

It doesn't matter, anyway. :P

The Brain

Are you drunk enough right now to put on your chav outfit and take some pics and post them? :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

meh, now we just need to come in second behind denmark and we have the trifecta.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on May 16, 2009, 06:19:52 PM
Are you drunk enough right now to put on your chav outfit and take some pics and post them? :)
Hahahahahaha.

No.  :huh: