News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much does weight factor in?

Started by merithyn, May 25, 2012, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the top five things you look for in a partner - 1 most important, 5 least important of the top 5 - where is the person's weight on the scale?

Not something I pay much attention to

Ed Anger

Ain't nothing wrong with help out a young lady with her car repair bills. And if she choses to repay me with sexual favors? C'est la vie.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2012, 08:45:04 AM
With men, I wonder about the ego thing. I've known guys who absolutely have to be THE bread winner. The wife can work, but she can't make more than him because then he's emasculated. WTF??  :blink:

Yeah, think about what makes men think they are a good potential mate. A guy losing his job while his wife supports him is a lot like a woman hitting the wall and becoming fat ugly and sterile all of a sudden. A crippled caveman can't hunt for food or protect his mate and offspring from the bears. Therefore, cavewoman must find a new mate.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

merithyn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 01, 2012, 12:47:22 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2012, 08:45:04 AM
With men, I wonder about the ego thing. I've known guys who absolutely have to be THE bread winner. The wife can work, but she can't make more than him because then he's emasculated. WTF??  :blink:

Yeah, think about what makes men think they are a good potential mate. A guy losing his job while his wife supports him is a lot like a woman hitting the wall and becoming fat ugly and sterile all of a sudden. A crippled caveman can't hunt for food or protect his mate and offspring from the bears. Therefore, cavewoman must find a new mate.

:mellow:

No, not gonna' do it. Not gonna' rise to the bait.  :sleep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

I thinkk what he is saying is that men feel secure thinking that they are needed as providers not that women are necessarily actually going to leave them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

Heh, I don't know about that. There was a poll done here recently in which 80% of women said they would not date an unemployed man. In contrast, 68% of the men answered they would date a woman without a job.

merithyn

Quote from: Iormlund on June 01, 2012, 01:33:00 PM
Heh, I don't know about that. There was a poll done here recently in which 80% of women said they would not date an unemployed man. In contrast, 68% of the men answered they would date a woman without a job.

That's only a 12% difference.

Basically, no one wants to date someone without a job. Shocking. :mellow:

Valmy

Well there is a pretty big difference between who you want to date and what happens to somebody you are already committed to.  Like nobody faults Ide for not wanting to date women over 90 lbs/41kgs but dumping your girlfriend/wife because she ballooned up to 105 lbs/48kgs is something entirely different.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2012, 01:40:09 PM

What Kayne said.

DGuller

:hmm:

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2012, 10:19:35 AM
To each their own, I guess, but damn, what a way to set back feminism 100 years or more.

Why? Isn't feminism about choice?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

You're out by a factor of 4, it's a 48%, and a bad difference at that.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 02:13:09 PM
To each their own, I guess, but damn, what a way to set back feminism 100 years or more.

Sure, but some choices set others back which makes it harder for them to choose. In other words, to make that choice, those in power (ie men) could say that women don't NEED to work, so laws and changes could be moved back to what they were in the 1950s. Hell, some laws are already going in that direction, see: SAHPs not being allowed to get their own credit cards.

There are individual choices, and then there are choices that affect the greater good.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2012, 02:22:36 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 02:13:09 PM

Sure, but some choices set others back which makes it harder for them to choose. In other words, to make that choice, those in power (ie men) could say that women don't NEED to work, so laws and changes could be moved back to what they were in the 1950s. Hell, some laws are already going in that direction, see: SAHPs not being allowed to get their own credit cards.

There are individual choices, and then there are choices that affect the greater good.

These are individual choices though. A few tacky girls go on a website about wanting a sugar daddy and suddenly we're saying that women don't need to work? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 08:59:04 AM
As I said stats show just the opposite.  The less educated a woman is the more likely she will be cat lady

You sure about this?  I've read the opposite several times, and would appreciate a source.

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on June 01, 2012, 02:17:54 PM

You're out by a factor of 4, it's a 48%, and a bad difference at that.

Oooooh.... totally misread that.  :blush:

Nevermind.