News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much does weight factor in?

Started by merithyn, May 25, 2012, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the top five things you look for in a partner - 1 most important, 5 least important of the top 5 - where is the person's weight on the scale?

Not something I pay much attention to

Legbiter

Quote from: DGuller on June 01, 2012, 09:17:50 AM
Yeah, women, listen to Legbiter, and hurry up with lowering standards, I'm not getting any younger.   :mad:

:lol:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 09:08:44 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 09:05:51 AM
Actually I don't have to try for anything.

I didn't mean you you.  You're gay.  You people get cock on tap.

You meant youyou? How vain.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on June 01, 2012, 09:49:07 AM
Bad youyou.

Freaking keyboard sticks if I use my right thumb to hit the space bar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 09:36:14 AM
Heh: http://www.marrymesugardaddy.com/index.php?Welcome_to_Marry_me_SugarDaddy&x_source=ib42221

Case and somewhat disturbing point.

That actually makes me a bit ill.  :x

To each their own, I guess, but damn, what a way to set back feminism 100 years or more.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2012, 10:19:35 AM
To each their own, I guess, but damn, what a way to set back feminism 100 years or more.

If Feminism is going to insist every woman be a responsible self actualized adult it is going to have many many setbacks. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 10:28:03 AM
Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2012, 10:19:35 AM

If Feminism is going to insist every woman be a responsible self actualized adult it is going to have many many setbacks. :P

I know. :weep:

Habbaku

Seems to me that's a huge step forward in feminism.  People used to have to pay dowries to get rid of daughters, but now...  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

merithyn

Quote from: Habbaku on June 01, 2012, 10:40:15 AM
Seems to me that's a huge step forward in feminism.  People used to have to pay dowries to get rid of daughters, but now...  :hmm:

Still property. :contract:

Just worth more.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2012, 10:53:48 AM
Still property. :contract:

Just worth more.

Yeah because the rich dudes with money are totally respected as people by those young ladies :P

It is a mutual self-loathing society.

Valmy

By the way the dowry, in England anyway, was supposed to sustain the woman when her husband died and his property all went to his heirs.  So I am not sure how that treats her like property or have the effect Habs implied  :P

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2012, 08:45:04 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 08:24:27 AM
Yeah and you would find just the opposite if we were talking about financial success.  Both seem crazy to me.  Why intentionally choose a less accomplished or less attractive mate (presuming you can be choosy)?  All things being equal of course.

It was a joke, calling Ide out on his "preferences". :D

I chose a less accomplished partner, and now he's worth 5x me. :) Sometimes, one sees potential over absolute value.

With men, I wonder about the ego thing. I've known guys who absolutely have to be THE bread winner. The wife can work, but she can't make more than him because then he's emasculated. WTF??  :blink:

Like Legbiter said: I don't care, but I know most women do, so I have to.

To add to what Valmy said, I'd prefer someone with a college degree, much like our modern employers, because while the college degree itself is nearly worthless, and the process a waste of time and money, not having a college degree these days is tantamount to admitting being retarded.

Oh, and what's with the "scare quotes"?  Everybody has a type, lady. :angry:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

I would have no problems hooking up with a "Sugar Momma." :yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".