News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much does weight factor in?

Started by merithyn, May 25, 2012, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the top five things you look for in a partner - 1 most important, 5 least important of the top 5 - where is the person's weight on the scale?

Not something I pay much attention to

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2012, 08:50:06 AM
We all knew one kid like that.
I used to be one.  But I suppose I had too many accidents and too many health problems.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on May 26, 2012, 12:33:34 PM
Actually it's a struggle for me - that's what I mean. I don't have the best metabolism, so I have to watch what I eat a lot and when I let myself go for a week or so, I immediately gain 5-10 pounds. So I refuse to agree that everyone who is fat is struggling as hard (or harder) as I do but their genetics somehow keeps them away from getting slimmer.

Besides as Iormlund points out it can't be that Europeans are so genetically superior to Americans when it comes to keeping from becoming obese.
It's not just a question of metabolism.

Someone working a desk job 8hrs a day and training 2-2.5hrs a day vs someone of the same age working physically (farmer, construction worker, lumberjack, etc) 8-10hrs a day is just not the same.  Figure that there can be the equivalent of 6hrs or sustained gym work there for someone not doing desk job.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on May 29, 2012, 10:20:00 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2012, 08:04:05 AM
Yeah, I've met and talked with plenty of women with killer bodies that like their men with "meat on their bones".  Go fig.

:yes:

I find Max much sexier now that he's gained some weight. When I met him, he looked a lot like I imagine Ide does. Now he looks like a man. Before he looked like a boy.

Hey, I just noticed this. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: Jaron on May 29, 2012, 10:31:55 PM
Ide's little boy body.

I figured that was Beeb, Ide is too weathered by all the tobacco.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Wrong.

Though I will certainly concede that Beeb looks like he's fifteen.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Ideologue on May 29, 2012, 10:40:51 PM
Wrong.

Though I will certainly concede that Beeb looks like he's fifteen.

Well he's Canadian. In general, aside from the lumberjacks, a Canadian man is like an average American man if you take away about 50% of his masculinity, on average. So the average Canadian man is only 50% more masculine than you, Ide.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 29, 2012, 10:57:05 PM
Well he's Canadian. In general, aside from the lumberjacks, a Canadian man is like an average American man if you take away about 50% of his masculinity, on average. So the average Canadian man is only 50% more masculine than you, Ide.

So you're saying Ide is 1/3 of a man? :nerd:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

So even garbon is more of a man!

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 29, 2012, 11:13:50 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 29, 2012, 10:57:05 PM

So you're saying Ide is 1/3 of a man? :nerd:

I'm simply Bowiesque.
Kinemalogue

katmai

CountDeMoney

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 29, 2012, 10:34:35 PM
Quote from: Jaron on May 29, 2012, 10:31:55 PM
Ide's little boy body.

I figured that was Beeb, Ide is too weathered by all the tobacco.

My babyface has been caught up by my grey hair. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

Dye it. Shave it. or Embrace it.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2012, 11:43:21 PM
My babyface has been caught up by my grey hair. :(

When I don't shave for a few days, I have all these greys, Fu-Manchu biker-style on my chin.  :(

I wish I could grow it.  :(