News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much does weight factor in?

Started by merithyn, May 25, 2012, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the top five things you look for in a partner - 1 most important, 5 least important of the top 5 - where is the person's weight on the scale?

Not something I pay much attention to

merithyn

GOD FUCKING DAMN YOU GUYS!! :ultra: :ultra: :ultra:

The last two days I've upped my calorie intake PER YOUR FUCKING ADVICE and now I've GAINED a pound! Before, I may not have been losing weight, but goddamn it, at least I was maintaining!

I dislike you all. And by that I mean those who told me I wasn't eating enough. :mad:  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

FWIW, I never recommended that.  I'm all about chicks starving themselves.

Keep your calories at 1,800 a day max light in animal products and heavy in vegetables, drink tons of water, aerobic exercise for 30 minutes every day, and you'll be fine.

Brazen

It's just more food in your gut because you're eating a bit more than you're used to Meri, it takes a week or two to see results form upping calories but it work. If diets worked in two days no-one would be overweight!

Don't know what you were recommended, but Google a BMR calculator and a TDEE calculator and eat somewhere between the two. My problem was portion control, I could easily eat twice a recommended portion and record it as one without realising. Plus calorie burn from exercise is far less than you think.

I eat around 1600 on rest days and as much as 2200 on workout days.

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on May 29, 2012, 07:13:52 AM

The last two days I've upped my calorie intake PER YOUR FUCKING ADVICE and now I've GAINED a pound! Before, I may not have been losing weight, but goddamn it, at least I was maintaining!

I dislike you all. And by that I mean those who told me I wasn't eating enough. :mad:  <_<

Increase your workout intensity. What are you eating? It's not just a matter of any calories.

You could just have to take a dump.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Brazen

So who IS shagging all the fatties then? Even at my chubbiest I never had a relationship with anyone with a waist size over 32.

Maybe it's because we all have internet standards so we have to choose Luddites with nothing to judge us against  :lol:

Josquius

The girl-I'm-currently-sort-of-doing-something-with-but-isn't-my-girlfriend-or-something says she tends to go for chubby guys. Her best friend (only a moderatey chubby girl)'s boyfriend is downright sumoesque.

I know several chubby chasing guys too.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on May 29, 2012, 07:57:21 AM
The girl-I'm-currently-sort-of-doing-something-with-but-isn't-my-girlfriend-or-something says she tends to go for chubby guys. Her best friend (only a moderatey chubby girl)'s boyfriend is downright sumoesque.

Yeah, I've met and talked with plenty of women with killer bodies that like their men with "meat on their bones".  Go fig.

Brazen

Maybe we've always had a certain attractive size ingrained from our formative years. Certainly people I've been with when I've changed size up and down have made subtle complaints about both ends of the scale, and most people seem to go for a similar shape again and again.

PDH

Current girlfriend likes me better at 220 than when I was 190.  Who am I to argue?  Another round of burgers, please.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Drakken

I'm always suspicious when people state their "physical preferences". Everyone lusts after sexy people and aims for the apex, but people seldom sleep or go out with one.

First physical and sexual attraction is not something we can decide on a rational level, it's purely emotional, sensual, and hormonal. Second, people tend to delude themselves overestimate their own attractiveness (ex: girls thinking they're "hawt" when in fact they are either plain or have fat capping over their overly tight jeans), and third it also depends on various factors at the moment of the first meeting (like mood, time of the day/night, ovulation, general horniness, going for a one-night stand rather than meeting a life partner, etc.).

In the end, I agree with Dan Savage than someday, people have to "settle for" as much as "settle down". People who are excessively picky about their potential partners usually end up in a basement playing video games (for males) and living with lots of cats (for females). And nothing stops anyone from changing partners in the middle of the road if he/she finds better.

My current girlfriend is chubby, but she has a sexy face (kinda like Kristi Jo in VH1's Rock of Love), she is smart, she's ambitious, she's works out on her body with me, and most important she takes care of me. In the end, her being chubby doesn't fuss me.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on May 29, 2012, 07:13:52 AM

Why would you take advice from us?  What are you thinking? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Brazen

The difference between men and women is men will puff out their bellies and rub them proudly, declaring, "It's all paid for!"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on May 29, 2012, 08:28:00 AM
Maybe we've always had a certain attractive size ingrained from our formative years.

Yeah, it's called The "I-liked-it-fucking-it-at-18-and-I-see-no-reason-why-I-can't-keep-wanting-to-fuck-what-I-liked-at-18-now-that-I'm-42" Syndrome.

Brazen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2012, 09:20:24 AM
Yeah, it's called The "I-liked-it-fucking-it-at-18-and-I-see-no-reason-why-I-can't-keep-wanting-to-fuck-what-I-liked-at-18-now-that-I'm-42" Syndrome.
Yeah, but now we have to ask whether it's worth compromising our standards for intelligence/conversation/sanity/wealth/political leanings/attention span/personal hygiene etc. for.

"You can pose with me for a Facebook photo but you can't meet my friends. Or, in fact, anyone who knows me. Ever."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on May 29, 2012, 09:22:57 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2012, 09:20:24 AM
Yeah, but now we have to ask whether it's worth compromising our standards for intelligence/conversation/sanity/wealth/political leanings/attention span/personal hygiene etc.

You've got a point.  As much as I want to fuck an 18 year old body, I don't think I could tolerate having to explain how to use my rotary phone.

But if she lets me beat her with it, it's win-win.