0 (0%)
D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Pedrito

Fuck.

After today's results, Spain and Croatia will eat the cake, and Italy will be out, even winning against Eire. Just like 2004.

Well, it's our fault. Tant pis:rolleyes:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Neil

If Italy is out, then who will be the diving cheaters?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Warspite

Quote from: Martinus on June 14, 2012, 02:17:54 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 14, 2012, 01:44:46 PM
What'd they do?

Throwing rockets into the game so the referee had to stop it. :P

You'd think the Croat fans were having street battles with Russians before the game. Oh wait, that was your lot.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

alfred russel

Quote from: Warspite on June 14, 2012, 04:35:24 PM
What'd they do?

You'd think the Croat fans were having street battles with Russians before the game. Oh wait, that was your lot.

I've told people for a while that eastern europe is, generally, a good place to be and up and coming. So far this tournament is making me look a bit foolish.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josephus

Classy Irish fans, singing as their team got their asses kicked.

So...if Croatia and Spain tie 2-2 or higher, if italy beats Eire by any score they go home. Right?

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

What'd they do?

Cripplefight!!!!!!!!
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on June 14, 2012, 10:49:45 PM
How is that team from Iceland doing in Euros anyways?
couldn't afford the airfare to compete.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Pedrito

Quote from: Josephus on June 14, 2012, 08:17:32 PM

So...if Croatia and Spain tie 2-2 or higher, if italy beats Eire by any score they go home. Right?
Yes. But at this point I'm doubting Italy could beat Eire. Pirlo is preaching in the desert.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Martinus

What'd they do?

Apples and oranges. The people who were having the "street battles" were some street hooligans, not people who had tickets to the games, and they were quickly rounded up and arrested by the police - people like this exist in every nation (at least noone was torching cars or looting shops like the hordes of hooligans were doing in London last year). It's different when people who are actually attending the game do shit like that.

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on June 14, 2012, 06:11:06 PM
What'd they do?

I've told people for a while that eastern europe is, generally, a good place to be and up and coming. So far this tournament is making me look a bit foolish.

Why is that? The incidents that have happened are far and between, and quickly dealt with by the police. You will always have stuff like that happening, whether it is the UK or Poland.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Good. You guys really need to lose the last match.   :Embarrass:

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2012, 02:55:17 AM
Why is that? The incidents that have happened are far and between, and quickly dealt with by the police. You will always have stuff like that happening, whether it is the UK or Poland.

I agree with you.

But, few and far between, when reported by the media, often seems rampant. And to be fair, if the tournament was in Paris, I don't think the English would stage a provacative march of a few thousand fans that required riot police, and was stopped by violence from French hooligans. We also probably wouldn't get stories of some german fans in Paris with nazi related crap to support their team.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on June 15, 2012, 08:25:28 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2012, 02:55:17 AM

I agree with you.

But, few and far between, when reported by the media, often seems rampant. And to be fair, if the tournament was in Paris, I don't think the English would stage a provacative march of a few thousand fans that required riot police, and was stopped by violence from French hooligans. We also probably wouldn't get stories of some german fans in Paris with nazi related crap to support their team.

Well, the Russians weren't that bad in Warsaw - this was mainly some Polish hooligans stirring shit up and being racist/fascist.

Incidentally, today media are reporting a huge brawl of English and Swedish hooligans in Donetsk.