News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jewish baby names, in America

Started by Siege, May 21, 2012, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on May 21, 2012, 10:23:58 PM
Seigey - if you were some suburban yutz who picked out Ariel "because it sounded nice" your kid would rightly be picked on.

I can see little Ariel coming back to school with Daddy's Desert Eagle.

QuoteBut when your kid says "My family is Sephardi Jewish, my grandad's name was Ariel" most kids will shut up, or the teacher will make them shut up.  This isn't 20-30 years go when we all grew up

Amazing how once people become parents they totally forget the reality of the Darwinian school yard.

Parental weenie. :rolleyes:

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2012, 10:34:01 PM

But when your kid says "My family is Sephardi Jewish, my grandad's name was Ariel" most kids will shut up, or the teacher will make them shut up.  This isn't 20-30 years go when we all grew up - today's kids are going to grow up with a whole range of names we were never exposed to.

:lol: Disagree. You give american school kids and the school system too much credit.

Meh. Depends on where you go to school. When you have classmates named Corvasier and Ja'Ravon, Ari really isn't going to be that big of a deal. :contract:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on May 21, 2012, 10:35:29 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2012, 10:34:01 PM

But when your kid says "My family is Sephardi Jewish, my grandad's name was Ariel" most kids will shut up, or the teacher will make them shut up.  This isn't 20-30 years go when we all grew up - today's kids are going to grow up with a whole range of names we were never exposed to.

:lol: Disagree. You give american school kids and the school system too much credit.

Meh. Depends on where you go to school. When you have classmates named Corvasier and Ja'Ravon, Ari really isn't going to be that big of a deal. :contract:

What color are they?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on May 21, 2012, 10:35:29 PM

It is when Corvasier and Ja'Ravon curbstomp his pasty little Jew ass with their Timberlands.  FO REAL YO

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2012, 10:36:24 PM
What color are they?

Corvasier is black, Ja'Ravon is white.

Not kidding.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on May 21, 2012, 10:38:16 PM
:mellow:

That's not even mentioning the little blond-haired, blue-eyed boy named Magerah... after The Jungle Book.*

*Yes, that's what his mother told me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on May 21, 2012, 10:37:41 PM
Ja'Ravon is white.

Bet he's more of an off-white, like eggshell or ecru.  Got curly hair?  Does water bead up on it?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2012, 10:40:05 PM
Ja'Ravon is white.

Bet he's more of an off-white, like eggshell or ecru.  Got curly hair?  Does water bead up on it?
:lmfao:

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2012, 10:40:05 PM
Ja'Ravon is white.

Closest he comes to "urban" is brown hair. Mama's white as I am. Daddy is... toothless and tattooed, if that gives you any indication.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?