News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Queen Victoria's Diaries

Started by Malthus, May 25, 2012, 08:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

... illustrated by: Queen Victoria. Now online.

http://www.queenvictoriasjournals.org/home.do

Historians must be having a field day with this.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

I hope the current Queen does this (I imagine Charles does) because that'll be amazing for historians.  All PMs from Churchill to the present day :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Her Majesty, Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, Queen of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, Canada, Antigua and Barbados, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Belize, Grenada, Jamaica, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Soloman Islands, Tuvalu and of her other realms and territories Duchess of Normandy, Lord of Mann, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, Hallway lunch monitor, PTA Vice President, Chicago Bears Fanclub President-UK branch, and Viper is sure she is also Queen of EnglandIn this the year of my Diamond Jubilee, I am delighted to be able to present, for the first time, the complete on-line collection of Queen Victoria's journals from the Royal Archives.

Elizabeth II refers to herself as 'I'?

We are not amused.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2012, 09:14:06 AM
Quote from: Her Majesty, Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, Queen of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, Canada, Antigua and Barbados, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Belize, Grenada, Jamaica, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Soloman Islands, Tuvalu and of her other realms and territories Duchess of Normandy, Lord of Mann, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, Hallway lunch monitor, PTA Vice President, Chicago Bears Fanclub President-UK branch, and Viper is sure she is also Queen of EnglandIn this the year of my Diamond Jubilee, I am delighted to be able to present, for the first time, the complete on-line collection of Queen Victoria's journals from the Royal Archives.

Elizabeth II refers to herself as 'I'?

We are not amused.

I see what you did there.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

I can't wait for the Queen Victoria fan fic to come out.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Drakken

Quote from: alfred russel on May 25, 2012, 09:31:39 AM

It already exists: Vicky / Brownie.

alfred russel

Quote from: Drakken on May 25, 2012, 09:33:35 AM

I don't know what that is, I actually don't want you to tell me, but I am disturbed that you know it, whatever it is.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Oh God :bleeding:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: alfred russel on May 25, 2012, 09:38:31 AM

I don't know what that is, I actually don't want you to tell me, but I am disturbed that you know it, whatever it is.

I assume he means John Brown, Vicky's gamekeeper. There were rumours.  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brown_(servant)

Valmy

Of course he does.  Mrs. Brown and all that.

And what good is being Queen if you cannot screw the Gamekeeper?  Catherine the Great would have screwed the Gamekeeper and the game.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2012, 09:53:52 AM
Of course he does.  Mrs. Brown and all that.

And what good is being Queen if you cannot screw the Gamekeeper?  Catherine the Great would have screwed the Gamekeeper and the game.

One of the saddest moments of my hobby as an amateur historian was when I found out that the "Catherine the Great was fucked to death by a horse" thing was pure invention.  :(

Though the fact that her secretary really did try out her (human) lovers to see if they were any good almost made up for it.  :D