News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jewish baby names, in America

Started by Siege, May 21, 2012, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2012, 08:05:27 PM
I think you can get away with being named 'Ariel' if you are Jewish right?  :hmm:

Not in public school.

Barrister

I think we're going with Andrew for a boy.  It would continue with using New Testament names. :showoff:

Still undecide on a girl.  Seigey - if you have any nice Hebrew girl's names I'm all ears.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on May 21, 2012, 10:12:11 PM
I think we're going with Andrew for a boy.  It would continue with using New Testament names. :showoff:

Still undecide on a girl.  Seigey - if you have any nice Hebrew girl's names I'm all ears.   :)

Mercedes
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 21, 2012, 09:51:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2012, 08:05:27 PM
I think you can get away with being named 'Ariel' if you are Jewish right?  :hmm:

Not in public school.

They will just call him 'Ari', no biggie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 21, 2012, 10:13:14 PM
Ariel is a nice name.

It'll look great when everybody in gym sees it sewn into his undiepoohs, too.

Barrister

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2012, 10:19:20 PM
They will just call him 'Ari', no biggie.

Seeb will have buy underwear by the gross for all the wedgies poor Little Jewish Mermaid is going to get.

Barrister

Seigey - if you were some suburban yutz who picked out Ariel "because it sounded nice" your kid would rightly be picked on.

But when your kid says "My family is Sephardi Jewish, my grandad's name was Ariel" most kids will shut up, or the teacher will make them shut up.  This isn't 20-30 years go when we all grew up - today's kids are going to grow up with a whole range of names we were never exposed to.

katmai

Barrister

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on May 21, 2012, 10:23:58 PM

But when your kid says "My family is Sephardi Jewish, my grandad's name was Ariel" most kids will shut up, or the teacher will make them shut up.  This isn't 20-30 years go when we all grew up - today's kids are going to grow up with a whole range of names we were never exposed to.

:lol: Disagree. You give american school kids and the school system too much credit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on May 21, 2012, 10:30:07 PM

I can only hope not.

My list:

Olivia
Eleanor
Katherine
Elizabeth
Gwenyth

:)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there