That is all.

garbon

QuotePlaying Calvinist Zeal for Ops.

1-2/5 Preaching a sermon in France
Nantes and Boulogne convert.

3-4/5 2 Mercs in Rouen
5/5 William and posse move to Lille.

Realized I forgot to update Protestant spaces in file! :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2012, 09:56:21 PM
Realized I forgot to update Protestant spaces in file! :blush:

You also left Henry of Navarre owned by you.   ;)

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#47: 4 / Belgic Confession

Message from France:
For CPs :

1/4 - 4 troops in Orleans to Paris.
2-3/4 - Raise 2 mercenaries in Paris.
4/4 - Henry, Montmorency, 5 regulars and 5 mercenaries to Rouen.

The might of the French army sallies forth to smash the Protestant scum.

Garbon may attempt to avoid battle with some troops to another space with or without Navarre or may simply choose to fight.  His call.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Navarre says let's fight.

On ownership - I wonder how that happened as I definitely didn't intend that! :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

You probably moved him into your hand in the CB at some point--anything sent there becomes owned.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

An almost predictably-lackluster battle.  1 French hit vs. 2 Protestant hits.  2/1 mercenaries die, respectively.

Off to Drakken.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 18, 2012, 10:11:45 PM
You probably moved him into your hand in the CB at some point--anything sent there becomes owned.

Yep that's it. Good to know for next turn when Maurice arrives.

Drakken

Habbaku

After much hemming and hawing...

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#77: 2 / Portuguese Attack

Message from France:
For CPs :

1/2 - Raise a mercenary in Paris.
2/2 - Paris stack to Rouen.

Garbon may fight, avoid battle or retreat into the fortifications.

Either way, Drakken's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Habbaku

The battle was lopsided the other way this time--glory to France!

French get 3 hits to 0 Protestant--remaining Protestants may retreat to Caen or withdraw into the fortifications.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

katmai

Like Prottys to always run, cowardly lot.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 18, 2012, 11:34:31 PM
Like Prottys to always run, cowardly lot.

Can't help it that the King of France decides he has nothing better to do but persecute the True Faith!

garbon

Game-related note, but why would I ever want to flee Rouen seeing as how its the only near protestant owned fortress? Wouldn't I just be gearing up for Henri to be eliminated in winter when his troop attrits away? Might as well try and get some hits in.