And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on June 10, 2012, 09:07:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2012, 07:09:14 PM
I'm glad that Drakken has such fabulous spatial reasoning.

That's why we make games files, so that we do not have to resort to spatial reasoning when we see the board.

So, are you sending a file at some point, then?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

BTW aren't you lucky Habs that I won't have an impulse? Turns are coming in so quickly I can't even follow them with my eyes :P

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 10, 2012, 01:18:12 PM
Quote from: Drakken on June 10, 2012, 09:07:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2012, 07:09:14 PM
I'm glad that Drakken has such fabulous spatial reasoning.

That's why we make games files, so that we do not have to resort to spatial reasoning when we see the board.

So, are you sending a file at some point, then?

Oh well, I'm glad that I can use spatial reasoning. My impulse shortly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote#44: 5 / Sack! [RESPONSE]

Message from Protestants:
1-2/5 Preaching Sermon in Netherlands
Haarlem, Alkmaar and Namur convert

3-5/5 3 CP Rebellion in Brussels
Spanish regular in Brussels slaughtered in overkill! Brussels flips to Protestant control and 1 Dutch regular. Maastricht and Mons also fall to Protestants.

As the Sultan is too busy to come to the table, Berk is up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2012, 04:16:50 PM
Oh well, I'm glad that I can use spatial reasoning. My impulse shortly.

:o  I didn't know you could do other people's moves in your own files!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations

#52: 2 / Foxe's Book of Martyrs

Message from Spain:
2/2: Place Informant in France.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#71: 3 / Witchcraft

Message from France:
Event, drawing a random card from the Spanish hand.

Spain has spies, France has witches.

Off to Drakken.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

After some reconsideration, I'm actually going to play Witchcraft on the Protestants.

I didn't realize how quickly they surged in VPs until I did the tabulating myself (it'd be nice if someone else could keep those current!).

So; Garbon to hand off a card; Drakken to play.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Careful, H.

Also, what happened with Spain? Shouldn't the Dutch revolt have given them a VP?

Habbaku

Fighting two fires at once is tough business without stealing things.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 10, 2012, 07:22:41 PM
Fighting two fires at once is tough business without stealing things.

Isn't it funny how we never take our own advice to heart?

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Anyway of more import, shouldn't Spain have 16 VPs? :unsure: