News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2012, 01:44:18 PM
Ok so we have two guys advantaged by it (me and you) say it's ok.

Me wanting to cahnge has nothing to do with me getting an advantage. Just seems silly to play one way when we know that for all time, the game will be played another way.

Especially since I played both turns of the game assuming the rule was written in the sensible manner, rather than this insensible manner. I think we all did, in fact.

In any case, we are waiting on Drakken anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2012, 01:44:18 PM
Ok so we have two guys advantaged by it (me and you) say it's ok. Plus Habs. Let's ask the others before proceeding.

If anything, it actually harms me...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

I'm fine predicting what the errata say, not that I am going to have any impact on this game anyway.

ulmont

Also, where is my treasure on the board - it should have come home with Hawkins?

Berkut

0 rows returned

Shade

Quote from: ulmont on June 08, 2012, 02:20:54 PM
I'm fine predicting what the errata say, not that I am going to have any impact on this game anyway.

maybe you should attack Spain! You would have done something then!

Drakken

a) Elizabeth of Austria marries Charles IX of France
b) HRE offers the hand of Anna of Austria to the Earl of Arras, Protestant, as a token of good will.
c) Given the separate "peace" between Spain and the Ottomans, and as we discussed no agreement to explicitely reconduct it, the alliance with Spain is not reconducted this turn.
d) No peace is made with the Ottomans this turn, so the war continues.

Habbaku

Drakken takes the worse offer for marriage for some reason.

Off to Garbon to confirm stuff.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

The Protestants accept the marriage of Henry IV to Marguerite de Valois and the Earl of Arran to Anna of Austria. The Protestants also send a card to France.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I doubt Tamas has any new wars to declare, so...

Off to Berkut.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

France is a peaceul (and currenlty drunk) kingdom.

No war from me.

Assuming no one's declaring on anyone, TAmas is up to SD.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

My SD will be 2m2r from Milan to Palma

0 rows returned