News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Note: while we have refered to this as a peace treaty, it is not a technical peace. The Spanish and Ottomans will remain in a state of war until certain other stipulations in the surrend....errrh, peace treaty are fulfilled.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

France regretfully declines the Spanish offer.

France accepts the card draw from the Ottomans.

France offers to marry Marguerite de Valois to Henry IV (Protestants).
France offers to accept a card draw from the Protestants. (Protestants)

France offers to marry Charles IX to Elizabeth of Austria. (HRE)
France offers to marry Henry III to Anna of Austria. (HRE)

To Drakken to confirm/announce deals of his own.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

If Ed comes through with an answer to a question, the Ottoman-Spanish deal may be slightly modified.

0 rows returned

ulmont

No English deals, although I was a bit jumped in line there just now.

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on June 08, 2012, 12:51:26 PM

Shows how much everyone cares about England.  :yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 08, 2012, 12:58:58 PM
Quote from: ulmont on June 08, 2012, 12:51:26 PM

Shows how much everyone cares about England.  :yeah:

I've actually been wondering if Ulmont is playing solitaire.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

OK, it looks like Ed is going to change the rule on neutrals being swapped, once Habbaku chimed in he folded.

That is going to modify the peace with Tamas:

We will have a formal peace.
Tunis is transferred from the Ottomans to Spain.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Naturally, I am perfectly fine with that. BUT

I think it is worthy of a vote? Are we to treat declarations of new rules by the designer as proper rules?

Berkut

Uhhh, this is errata. Once it is published (and his saying so is pretty much the same thing in the day of online rules), it IS the rule.

I don't really think there is any need to vote.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2012, 01:16:35 PM
I think it is worthy of a vote? Are we to treat declarations of new rules by the designer as proper rules?

:huh:  How else would you suggest we treat them?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Well I'd point out that he used a qualifier.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Tamas, I'm making some assumptions about where your Tunis stuff is displacing to.  Feel free to edit them when you receive the file.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Again, nobody is as benefited by this than I am.

But as far as I can see this is what we got on consimworld:

QuoteIs there any chance there might be a change to the rule about transferring neutral spaces?

Yes, I'd say that change is likely.

Berkut

Me and Jeromey both know Ed. If he says he is going to change it, he is going to change it.

It is a patently silly rule.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Ok so we have two guys advantaged by it (me and you) say it's ok. Plus Habs. Let's ask the others before proceeding.