News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#56: 2 / Index of Prohibited Books

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
2CP
1/2: Schwendi, Zrinyi, 6r4m from Szigetvar to Buda.

So there should be 8 Ottoman units in Buda?

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2012, 07:09:14 PM
I'm glad that Drakken has such fabulous spatial reasoning.

That's why we make games files, so that we do not have to resort to spatial reasoning when we see the board.

Tamas

There are 4 Ottoman units in Buda. I added my units to Belgrade, which has 8 plus leaders, correct.

Still going for the Buda siege?

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on June 10, 2012, 09:18:15 AM
There are 4 Ottoman units in Buda. I added my units to Belgrade, which has 8 plus leaders, correct.

Still going for the Buda siege?

No, the biggest threat first - for Belgrade.

Tamas

So we are having a 11 vs. 10 battle?

In that case, I am going to resolve. Any combat cards?

Drakken

Tamas

#40: 1 / Tilbury Speech [COMBAT]

Message from Ottoman:
A 11 dice vs 10 dice battle takes place in Belgrade. I am playing this to add 2 to my dice.

Gain 2 extra dice in a field battle, naval combat or assault (but not piracy). If England, gain 4 extra dice. Must be declared before either side rolls.

Awful rolls result in two lost HRE mercenaries. No Ottoman losses. This must be a new record

Tamas

Drakken, that was one unlucky battle. Or not, since my roll was shitty as well :P

You are back in Szigetvár and has a CP to spend.

Drakken

I raise one merc in Szigetvar.

It's only for next round, with your impulse phase nullified next time.  :lol:

Tamas

BTW my map must be not up to date with your stuff I had more regulars and less merc in Szigetvár.

Someone will have to check.

Don't forget people that the Sultan is busy in the harems, so you get to skip me.

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on June 10, 2012, 09:50:36 AM
BTW my map must be not up to date with your stuff I had more regulars and less merc in Szigetvár.

Someone will have to check.

Don't forget people that the Sultan is busy in the harems, so you get to skip me.

I left 1r1m in Szigetvar in garrison.

Tamas

Alright do a file then, I had 1 merc there to begin with, IDK what's the real deal.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien