News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Is it too late for me to play a Response type of event aiming at the Ottomans, during his Impulse?

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on June 09, 2012, 01:48:53 PM
:berkut:

Yeah, not so much.  Tamas's incompetence is about 95% to blame there rather than anything Berkut did.  If Tamas had saved a single, 2 CP card (his ruler's Admin Rating allows him to bank two cards a turn), then he could have lost Buda, at most.

Instead, he held onto a single card knowing that Berkut had 9-10 cards remaining, still had a treasure, still had his Spanish Road home card, still had a large army in Milan and an alliance with the HRE...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on June 09, 2012, 01:49:23 PM
Is it too late for me to play a Response type of event aiming at the Ottomans, during his Impulse?

No.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote5 / The Sultan's Harem [RESPONSE] Playable as an event by the Ottoman player. The Ottoman player gains 5 CP that may only be used to construct corsairs, conduct naval moves and/or undertake piracy actions. All piracy actions conducted during these moves roll 1 extra piracy die. OR Playable as a response by any non-Ottoman power to force the Ottoman player to skip their next impulse. Power playing this card as a response draws one replacement card from the deck.

Habbaku

:yeah:  We don't have to wait on Tamas this coming impulse!

Can we just assume that card is played ad infinitum?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on June 09, 2012, 01:54:37 PM
:yeah:  We don't have to wait on Tamas this coming impulse!

Can we just assume that card is played ad infinitum?

Puhleaze.

Habbaku

Ulmont raised some mercenaries in London.

I played Taxis Family Couriers to give a card to the Protestants :

Quote#68: 2 / Taxis Family Couriers

Message from France:
Event.

Give a card in your hand (other than your Home card or a Mandatory Event) to another power. Then draw 1 new card from the deck; it must be held until a later impulse.

No file, obviously.

Drakken's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on June 09, 2012, 01:50:51 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 09, 2012, 01:48:53 PM
:berkut:

Yeah, not so much.  Tamas's incompetence is about 95% to blame there rather than anything Berkut did.  If Tamas had saved a single, 2 CP card (his ruler's Admin Rating allows him to bank two cards a turn), then he could have lost Buda, at most.

Instead, he held onto a single card knowing that Berkut had 9-10 cards remaining, still had a treasure, still had his Spanish Road home card, still had a large army in Milan and an alliance with the HRE...

Well, I did have a plan if he had saved a card to move his fleet back.

1) I take Algiers and Tunis if he moves his entire fleet back, or enough of it to risk another naval battle with Galleasses.
2) Evne if that doesn't work, I just go around and take control of every single non-key space in the Ottoman empire.

Which would have been kind of fun, if nothing else.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quite easy really: you need to fight two powers at once, at a roughly 4 to 1 card number disadvantage, while underestimating your opponent.

Berkut

Yeah, but I told you all that before the turn started. I told you if you fought, you would be crushed.

But did you want to listen? No.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

:rolleyes:

Anyways, I see Drakken is logged in to ACTS. Hopefully he will make his move soon before I'll be, like, totally asleep in about 15 minutes

garbon

Kinda odd that Montmorency starts as a leader for France. Though its true he was in charge of the French armies, looking up on him, it seems like he spent most of his time failing and getting imprisoned. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Can I have a file up to date with Tamas's Home Card units added?

Tamas

I sent one.

Yes I am awake, an insanely huge thunderbolt woke me up

garbon

I'm glad that Drakken has such fabulous spatial reasoning.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.