And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on May 28, 2012, 09:59:53 PM
2R from Agram to Szigetvar.

I moved these guys to Vienna on accident--don't forget to move them back at some point.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I had Selim, so I just game him to Tamas. He can just play him whenever.

DO NOT DRAW ANOTHER CARD FOR HIM THOUGH!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

My Winter is just the way I wanted it, thank you.

Drakken

My Home Card from last turn is still on my Power Card. Should I put it back on my hand tray?

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on May 29, 2012, 06:45:04 AM
My Home Card from last turn is still on my Power Card. Should I put it back on my hand tray?

yes

Berkut

His Royal Majesticness Phillip the 2nd regrets to inform his fellow rulers that the Ottomans heretics have refused his very reasonable offer to end this war peacefully. Further violence is, at this point, almost certainly inevitable.

We call upon our fellow Christians to support this endeavor by any means at their disposal.

0 rows returned

Tamas

the "very reasonable" request of handing you a key I can defend by parking in front of it watching you burn half your hand trying to land something which actually gets the clearance for an assault roll.

I call upon the rest of the powers to study the VP status, and what the Spanish ambition of conquering North Africa would bring. I can manage the warmongering agressors just fine, but whoever helps them sets himself up for disaster later.

Drakken

HRE Mercenaries are still up for hire.

France, England, especially France, I'm looking at you.

Berkut

Quote from: Drakken on May 29, 2012, 10:40:45 AM
HRE Mercenaries are still up for hire.

France, England, especially France, I'm looking at you.

:mad:

0 rows returned

Drakken

Drakken

If by midnight Eastern time I have received no offers from France and England about my mercenaries, I close my diplomatic turn with no diplo deal declared.

I'll come later tonight to see whether I have offers.

Charles II is open for marriage, too.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on May 29, 2012, 11:01:58 AM
Charles II is open for marriage, too.

Since Mary, Queen of Scots is the only eligible female at the moment (not counting Liz, mind), I would expect the offers to be coming to me, not going to some washed-up old German.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

We've given up our desperate attempts to make peace with the Ottomans, they are simply intractable.

Spain is ready to announce.

0 rows returned

garbon

The Protestants are prepared to announce.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2012, 03:17:47 PM
We've given up our desperate attempts to make peace with the Ottomans, they are simply intractable.

Spain is ready to announce.

Needless to say, it was the Ottoman Empire which was ready to give up everything but it's pride and security for peace. Encountering the unrealistic and demeaning demands of the Spanish, they have no choice but to fight on.