Yes
12 (34.3%)
No
17 (48.6%)
Jaron's House of Gutless Waffling
6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on May 09, 2012, 09:58:51 PMIt's not a problem for most people, since most people are not convicted felons.  It also seems to me like it's a good way to encourage people to not commit felonies, if the word on the street is that employers do not like to hire criminals and all that.

We don't even know if it was a felony. It's more likely it was a misdemeanor.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

She didn't disclose it. WF can call it deception on her part and say, "Next". Her fault she didnt disclose it.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Larch

Quote from: 11B4V on May 10, 2012, 04:35:16 AM
She didn't disclose it. WF can call it deception on her part and say, "Next". Her fault she didnt disclose it.

She shouldn't have to, nobody should be asking her that.

Syt

In Germany and Austria a central federal register records your convictions. It's not unusual for prospective employees to request a recent copy (you have to request it, but it's sent to employer - though you have a right to know what's recorded).

However, there's rules based on type of conviction and severity of punishment how long something stays on the (publicly available)record; e.g. sexual crimes have a longer expiry period).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: The Larch on May 10, 2012, 04:36:09 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 10, 2012, 04:35:16 AM

She shouldn't have to, nobody should be asking her that.

Bullshit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on May 10, 2012, 04:39:34 AM
In Germany and Austria a central federal register records your convictions. It's not unusual for prospective employees to request a recent copy (you have to request it, but it's sent to employer - though you have a right to know what's recorded).

However, there's rules based on type of conviction and severity of punishment how long something stays on the (publicly available)record; e.g. sexual crimes have a longer expiry period).

That's nice and seems like a good system. The issue is not whether she shoplifted 30 years ago, it's that she didnt disclose it. Deception by omission.

11B4V

Quote6. Have you ever been convicted* of any crime involving dishonesty; breach of trust; fraud; theft; money laundering; or illegal manufacture, sale, distribution of, or trafficking in controlled substances

No time limit and a legit question.

If she'd disclosed it she may have had a job. Her oversight was someone elses windfall.

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on May 10, 2012, 04:49:49 AM
If she'd disclosed it she may have had a job. Her oversight was someone elses windfall.
:frusty: No, she may not have, she would be automatically disqualified.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on May 10, 2012, 05:10:06 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 10, 2012, 04:49:49 AM
:frusty: No, she may not have, she would be automatically disqualified.

Maybe, maybe not. At any rate, she was dishonset and on her way back to the Filipino "Boom, Boom" house.

Quote"I paid for it. I've changed my life."

I sure you did. Apparently not, you're still dishonest.

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on May 10, 2012, 05:14:12 AM
Maybe, maybe not. At any rate, she was dishonset and on her way back to the Filipino "Boom, Boom" house.
There is no maybe about it.  It was a federal law, not an employment policy.  Did you follow this discussion at all?

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on May 10, 2012, 05:42:46 AM
There is no maybe about it.  It was a federal law, not an employment policy.  Did you follow this discussion at all?

Yea, you didnt see the pics I posted for Ed?

Her loss. She's dishonest.

CountDeMoney

Quote"I paid for it. I've changed my life."

I sure you did. Apparently not, you're still dishonest.

:lol: 

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

PDH

Oh Larchy, mocking US employment practices from a Spanish viewpoint  :D
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM