Biden: Obama agenda like 'legalizing rattlesnakes'

Started by jimmy olsen, April 20, 2012, 10:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

What a fucking 'tard!  :lol:

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/biden-obama-agenda-legalizing-rattlesnakes/492081
QuoteVice President Joe Biden turned to a counter-productive metaphor yesterday, as he likened President Obama's policies to "legalizing rattlesnakes" in a hotel during an attempt to praise the president.

Biden was trying to praise Obama for courageous decisions. "Obama knew that some actions were going to be unpopular, such as the financial sector bailout," the pool reporter characterized Biden as saying last night. "'That would be like legalizing rattlesnakes in the lobbies of hotels in Arizona,' Biden quipped," according to the pooler.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

We would do better to have more such, plain-speaking politicians.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

citizen k

I love the Biden Doctrine, which would have saved lives and money if it had been implemented in Afghanistan .  :(

CountDeMoney

Can you imagine the fun the Veep debates would be if Romneysaurus picked Chris Christie as a running mate?

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 21, 2012, 07:42:21 AM
Can you imagine the fun the Veep debates would be if Romneysaurus picked Chris Christie as a running mate?
Most entertaining tv of all time.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

What kind of penalty does a rattlesnake face if it enters a hotel lobby in Arizona?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on April 21, 2012, 10:11:35 AM
What kind of penalty does a rattlesnake face if it enters a hotel lobby in Arizona?
Death penalty.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Capetan Mihali

I love this article, even if it's old:

QuoteSept. 16, 2008  Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. returned to his beloved Amtrak train Tuesday, just like old times. He was traveling light, except for the big entourage.

One of the staples of Mr. Biden's Regular Joe credentials over the decades has been his regular ridership on the train between Washington and his home in Wilmington, Del. But the ritual was sharply curtailed last month when Barack Obama picked him to be his running mate and his home suddenly became the campaign trail.

Now, when he does take his beloved Amtrak, the tradition of Mr. Biden as the quiet, everyday Commuter Joe has given way to a big entourage, press throng and overall commotion that follow in the wake of a major party running mate.

This change of life was on full display Tuesday, when Mr. Biden took an afternoon Acela from D.C. to Wilmington before heading out for a three-day road trip to Pennsylvania and Ohio. The candidate carried a tattered leather briefcase (brown), was greeted by two uniformed Amtrak officers and wore a big, camera-ready grin for a cluster of reporters and cameramen.

"Hi, how are ya," Mr. Biden said, greeting the press.

At 1:57 p.m., Mr. Biden took a seat on the first passenger car – not a quiet car – which included a large section that was closed off to other passengers by Secret Service agents. Mr. Biden spent the first part of his journey talking on a cell phone, and "in meetings," according to Biden spokesman David Wade.

When the press was allowed onto Mr. Biden's car, the candidate was already in full meeting-greeting mode. He gestured to a reporter to come forward. The reporter demurred initially, saying he did not want to be a nuisance.

"Hey, I'm the nuisance," Mr. Biden reassured, gesturing to the phalanx of camera people and Secret Service agents around him.

"I used to ride this thing every day and nobody paid any attention." said Mr. Biden, as he then worked his way up the aisle.

"Hey man," he said to one guy. "Hey, I saw Matt the other day," he said to another.

Across the aisle, a Newark-bound passenger, Chrissy Dumbert, took in the commotion and observed, "This is the craziest train ride I've ever been on."

Meantime, Mr. Biden was assuring another passenger, "If we get elected, it will be the most train-friendly administration ever."

He told another passenger, Jim Dunn: "I understand you're a suspect," to which the Metro Park, N.J.-bound Mr. Dunn said, "Yes, you've probably seen my picture on the wall of the post office."

Mr. Dunn, who spoke with an Irish accent, said he probably knew Mr. Biden's ancestors back in Ireland, and that he took Mr. Biden's odd greeting in good faith.

"Get the hell out of my way," Mr. Biden yelled to another reporter standing in the aisle. "I love you, but you're bothering all these people."

He turned to another passenger: "You're on television now. I'm sorry, but I can't control this."

Mr. Biden then entered the dining car and whispered something to the woman behind the counter, Joanne. He ordered a bottle of water and a "Cranberry cocktail."

A reporter expressed surprise that Biden would partake of a "cocktail" at this afternoon hour.

"I'm the only guy you know who doesn't drink," Biden said, adding that he has never taken a drink in his life.

"Too many alcoholics in my family," he explained.

He then pivoted and turned back toward his seat, meeting and greeting more passengers. A few people made cell phone calls from their seats to report their Biden sightings.

Mr. Biden stopped and chatted with Neil and Ellen Meltzer, who were both heading to New York for a party at the Rainbow Room. Ms. Meltzer invited him to the party and, Mr. Biden invited Ms. Meltzer out of the road with him. He also offered Ms. Meltzer his bottled water.

All offers were declined amicably.

Mr. Biden then greeted an older man, Fritz Schwartz, who had testified before the Senate Judiciary committee on Tuesday.

Mr. Biden, for some reason, called Mr. Schwartz "the professor," although Mr. Schwartz noted that he was not in fact a professor.

Mr. Biden said that he looked like a professor, because Mr. Schwartz had "an air of authority" about him. Mr. Schwartz later said that he heard Seantor Biden say "hair of authority." (In fact, the guy had great hair, if not necessarily professorial hair,)

The train arrived in Wilmington at 3:16 p.m. Amtrak Joe walked the platform, shaking hands with cops and Amtrak workers.

At one point, he reached into an open door for one last hand-shake with another Amtrak employee and the automatic doors nearly closed on his arms. "You're like family," Biden said, pulling his arm away.

Calamity was averted at the last minute when the doors re-opened. A K-9 dog following behind barked at the near-incident.

The candidate left the Wilmington station by motorcade at 3:24.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Admiral Yi

Quote"Hi, how are ya," Mr. Biden said, greeting the press.

I enjoyed this pithy quote.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.