News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Breivik Trial Idiocy.

Started by Viking, April 17, 2012, 03:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Call of Duty has a lot to answer for.  I read an article that it was where the Libyan rebels learned most of their tactics before the revolution :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Given some of the loons I've encountered recently I'd be more interested in his youtube viewing habits rather than he played WOW obsessively for a while or other computer games had.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 19, 2012, 02:04:14 PM
Call of Duty has a lot to answer for.  I read an article that it was where the Libyan rebels learned most of their tactics before the revolution :mellow:

No wonder it took so long.  Half the rebel casualties were probably TKs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on April 19, 2012, 01:47:32 PM
All clear! It's been evil videogames all along for Breivik!

At least according to mainstream media as quoed by RPS:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/19/breivik-testifies-about-gaming-press-ignores-the-facts/
QuoteIt is inevitable that during the trial of Norwegian mass murderer, Anders Breivik, that the matter of videogaming will come up. Soon after the horrendous events I dug into what Breivik had actually said about gaming in his ghastly manifesto, and it was pretty much nothing of relevance. But with the press still not having found the next nasty to leap on, gaming is the scapegoat. It seems reasonable to point out how inaccurate this remains, and how attempting to shift the blame onto things uninvolved only makes it more likely that whatever led to Breivik's state of mind will not be discovered. But now that Breivik has testified about how important playing WoW was to him, and his peculiar understanding of Modern Warfare 2, it's all happening again.

It's pretty relevant to note much of what the killer said in his opening statements, in which he described secret societies, battles for purity, global conspiracy, and refused to recognise the jurisdiction of the courts. Very few press outlets took his comments at face value nor reported them as fact, strangely enough, but rather pointed out that he was either mad, or trying to appear mad. Now he has told the courts that he played World Of Warcraft for apparently 16 hours a day for a year, and saw Modern Warfare 2 as a police-shooting simulator, and not only is the press at large taking it as fact, but most are twisting Breivik's words to their own interests. Something has gone very wrong when the horror of his actions is being used to fuel irrelevant agenda.

Yesterday Britain's Daily Telegraph spoke to Oslo University professor of sociology, Thomas Hylland Eriksen, who believes that one factor that "hasn't sufficiently been taken into account" was Breivik's so-called "fascination" with World Of Warcraft. Because Breivik likes order and doesn't like chaos, erm, something something, it's gaming's fault.

(Article continues after quote)

I bet he was a blood elf paladin as well, they all need to be rounded up and put in camps.

MadImmortalMan

So check this out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/23/anders-breivik-adian-pracon-spared_n_1446133.html

"All he had to do was squeeze the trigger," he described later, in a book produced with writer Erik Moller Solheim.

"He rested his cheek on the rifle and creased his brow. 'No!' I yelled, with the little strength I still had in my lungs. My arms hung limply at my sides."

"Don't shoot!"

... And then Breivik let him go.

Eventually Adrian was shot - in the shoulder, at point-black range, while playing dead near a pile of bodies - but he survived his harrowing experience. And ever since, the question has plagued Adrian's mind: why did Breivik spare his life?

On Monday he got his answer.

"Certain people look more leftist than others," Breivik said in his final day of testimony at his trial for the murder of the 69 victims on Utoya and eight others in a bombing in Oslo. "This person appeared right-wing, that was his appearance. That's the reason I didn't fire any shots at him.

Can you really tell a person's politics by looking at him? In some ways maybe, but why would this guy have been on the island if he were actually right-wing? Duuurrrr.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 25, 2012, 05:54:14 PM
So check this out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/23/anders-breivik-adian-pracon-spared_n_1446133.html

"All he had to do was squeeze the trigger," he described later, in a book produced with writer Erik Moller Solheim.

"He rested his cheek on the rifle and creased his brow. 'No!' I yelled, with the little strength I still had in my lungs. My arms hung limply at my sides."

"Don't shoot!"

... And then Breivik let him go.

Eventually Adrian was shot - in the shoulder, at point-black range, while playing dead near a pile of bodies - but he survived his harrowing experience. And ever since, the question has plagued Adrian's mind: why did Breivik spare his life?

On Monday he got his answer.

"Certain people look more leftist than others," Breivik said in his final day of testimony at his trial for the murder of the 69 victims on Utoya and eight others in a bombing in Oslo. "This person appeared right-wing, that was his appearance. That's the reason I didn't fire any shots at him.

Can you really tell a person's politics by looking at him? In some ways maybe, but why would this guy have been on the island if he were actually right-wing? Duuurrrr.

You're trying to understand his 'reasoning' ?  :hmm:

edit:
didn't the most sadistic of camp guards, on occasion show what appeared to be an act of kindness, not that it was ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 19, 2012, 02:04:14 PM
Call of Duty has a lot to answer for.
:yes: Like formating and levellling down the entire video game market, not only the FPS sub-genre.

I read an article that it was where the Libyan rebels learned most of their tactics before the revolution :mellow:

:lmfao: I understand now the early phase of the revolution now.