News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Breivik Trial Idiocy.

Started by Viking, April 17, 2012, 03:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2012, 08:49:08 PM
Are you even being realistic? Yes, I'm sure that most immigrants from Africa find it to just be one click away via the internet. :rolleyes:

Now, now. You just know that immigrants from the Congo are in touch with their fellow tribesmen.

Sure, they may wear a suit and have a styling haircut, working in sales and accounting or whatever, and smile nicely at everyone as they get coffee at Starbucks ... but at night, when no-one is watching them, they download youtube videos of cannibal feasts, witchdoctor sacrifices and head-hunting.   :menace:

Don't say you weren't warned, when you wake up one day as a shrunken head decorating some accountant's cubicle.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on April 18, 2012, 08:14:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 18, 2012, 06:54:29 PM
I suppose people didn't immigrate to Quebec before late 20th century so you guys don't have much experience, but immigrants in the past tended to congregate together, first generation immigrants often didn't assimilate and they tended to keep in contact to family members outside the country.  They also tended to send them money.
Hey now, Montreal was actually an advanced, civilized place before they let the Frenchies take the province over.

It was just a guess since grallon seems to unaware of tendencies with immigration.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

Basement trolls presuming to lecture me on current immigration trends... *shakes head* 

This place has really gone downhill.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

I don't think that Raz presumes to lecture anybody about anything.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on April 18, 2012, 09:21:34 PM
Basement trolls presuming to lecture me on current immigration trends... *shakes head* 

G.

"Basement troll" is higher up on the ladder then "Child molester"."
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

mongers

The more I hear of his testimony, I'm reminded of some of the less bright Euros over on Paradox OT.   :hmm:

I would not be at all surprised to hear he'd posted over there, or at least read the forum.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on April 18, 2012, 09:21:34 PM

G.

Raz's posts show to me as:

"You are ignoring this user. Show me the post."

I found this makes them much more bearable. (Hint: I don't click on "Show me the post")

Razgovory

Well, Grumbler and Marty are ignoring.  If you can judge a man by who he offends I'm doing pretty good.  I wonder if I made Marty cry.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 19, 2012, 01:15:47 PM
Well, Grumbler and Marty are ignoring.  If you can judge a man by who he offends I'm doing pretty good.  I wonder if I made Marty cry.

Be funnier if you made grumbler cry.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Carry on good sir.

Syt

All clear! It's been evil videogames all along for Breivik!

At least according to mainstream media as quoed by RPS:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/19/breivik-testifies-about-gaming-press-ignores-the-facts/
QuoteIt is inevitable that during the trial of Norwegian mass murderer, Anders Breivik, that the matter of videogaming will come up. Soon after the horrendous events I dug into what Breivik had actually said about gaming in his ghastly manifesto, and it was pretty much nothing of relevance. But with the press still not having found the next nasty to leap on, gaming is the scapegoat. It seems reasonable to point out how inaccurate this remains, and how attempting to shift the blame onto things uninvolved only makes it more likely that whatever led to Breivik's state of mind will not be discovered. But now that Breivik has testified about how important playing WoW was to him, and his peculiar understanding of Modern Warfare 2, it's all happening again.

It's pretty relevant to note much of what the killer said in his opening statements, in which he described secret societies, battles for purity, global conspiracy, and refused to recognise the jurisdiction of the courts. Very few press outlets took his comments at face value nor reported them as fact, strangely enough, but rather pointed out that he was either mad, or trying to appear mad. Now he has told the courts that he played World Of Warcraft for apparently 16 hours a day for a year, and saw Modern Warfare 2 as a police-shooting simulator, and not only is the press at large taking it as fact, but most are twisting Breivik's words to their own interests. Something has gone very wrong when the horror of his actions is being used to fuel irrelevant agenda.

Yesterday Britain's Daily Telegraph spoke to Oslo University professor of sociology, Thomas Hylland Eriksen, who believes that one factor that "hasn't sufficiently been taken into account" was Breivik's so-called "fascination" with World Of Warcraft. Because Breivik likes order and doesn't like chaos, erm, something something, it's gaming's fault.

(Article continues after quote)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2012, 01:25:09 PM

It's possible.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on April 19, 2012, 01:47:49 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2012, 01:25:09 PM

It's possible.

Grumbler's tears cure cancer.  Unfortunately, he has never cried.  :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?