News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Breivik Trial Idiocy.

Started by Viking, April 17, 2012, 03:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

So, meanwhile back at the socialdemocratic paradise they are having a trial for Anders Behring Breivik; the guy accused of murdering ~70 kids at a political summer camp and exploding a bomb at the Government Office Building in downtown Oslo. This you all know, right?

Well, one of the jurors has now been removed; the reason? His facebook status of 23 July of last year (the day after the massacre) was "The Death Penalty is the only just outcome of this case!!!!!!!!!"

This is the second guy who has been removed, the first guy was the father of a officer of the political group organizing the summer camp.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Well, all things considered, I think this is a fairly sound reason for a juror removal.  :huh:

The question is not really whether that juror should have been removed (he should have) but rather if they are going to be able to find enouh eligible jurors in Norway to give Breivik a fair trial. The same question was asked when they were considering trying 911 attackers in a US civilian court.

Viking

I'm not claiming his removal was wrong, I'm annoyed that the appearance of a fair trail is being diminished by sloppyness. The failure lies in allowing this man onto the jury to begin with. It was important to maintain not only the fact of a fair trial but also the appearance of a fair trial. This man is so blatantly guilty that there is no need to railroad him to guarantee a conviction.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

he shouldn't be on trial anyway. He clearly has a couple of screws loose.
And locking up away in a loony bin and pumping him full of drugs really takes away this platform he wants to have and the legend he will become in prison.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on April 17, 2012, 03:50:04 AM
he shouldn't be on trial anyway. He clearly has a couple of screws loose.
And locking up away in a loony bin and pumping him full of drugs really takes away this platform he wants to have and the legend he will become in prison.

Well, originally the doctors found him nuts. Then somebody pointed out that if he is found to no longer nuts he gets released. Then the parliament fast tracked a law through parliament allowing the state to prevent previously nuts people from being released. Then the court got a second opinion that found that he was not nuts. So he could stand trial and be sentenced to storage (think of a prison sentence of X years after which the government can decline to release you).

Richard Hakluyt

It should really be a matter of an hour or two in court then off to the gallows. But there it is, Norway is a socialdemocratic paradise as you say.

Crazy_Ivan80

wouldn't it be ironic that at some pont in history he's proven right?
Ironic and miserable.
Maybe just miserable...

seems to me he's just a nuts as his muslim-counterparts: not really. It's ideologically motivated which is more dangerous than just lunacy.

mongers

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 17, 2012, 07:03:34 AM
Ironic and miserable.
Maybe just miserable...

seems to me he's just a nuts as his muslim-counterparts: not really. It's ideologically motivated which is more dangerous than just lunacy.

That it's ok to murder dozens of teenage girls and boys ?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: mongers on April 17, 2012, 07:23:02 AM
Ironic and miserable.
Maybe just miserable...

:rolleyes:

Martinus

Ironic and miserable.
Maybe just miserable...

Seconded mongers's question. What the fuck. How the fuck can he be "proven right"?

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on April 17, 2012, 10:13:37 AM
Ironic and miserable.
Maybe just miserable...

Seconded mongers's question. What the fuck. How the fuck can he be "proven right"?

I think he means Breivik's hypothesis of quisling multiculturalism.

The idea that there is a political and philosophical class within a western society which is willfully sabotaging it's heritage knowingly turning over the society to barbaric non-western populations.

Viking

By the way ASEA Brown Boveri is annoyed that people use ABB for Breivik. I'm changing practice since I am a minion of big business.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aftenposten.no%2Fnyheter%2Furiks%2FABB-vil-ikke-kobles-til-Breivik-6752686.html

QuoteABB will not be connected to Breivik

Persons charged with terrorist Behring Anders Breivik's name is often abbreviated to ABB in the media. The ABB Group will have the frabedt.

Breivik's full name is so long that it is not suitable for headlines and Twitter messages. The abbreviation "ABB" often shows up instead. This was the lead in the Swedish-Swiss ABB Group realized shortly after 22 July terrorist attacks.

The management of ABB takes a serious phenomenon. Director Helen Gunther Merge says to Stavanger Aftenblad that the company was considering including contact newspaper editors to ask them to avoid using the abbreviation ABB in the discussion of Breivik.

- We react when the press uses ABB on terrorist and believe they should have been more aware of this. Nevertheless, we chose to let it go. It would be impossible to limit the use of the abbreviation on social media, says Merge.

Brand and PR experts who spoke with the newspaper, said, however, that ABB does not need to worry about. - Since ABB is a company that is aimed at general consumers, this is unlikely to have much effect on them, says Håvard Hansen, a professor at the University of Stavanger.

The French company Lacoste has previously responded to the Breivik has been possible to see in a red Lacoste shirt on his way to questioning. In one of the PR pictures he made, he is wearing a black Lacoste sweater. Police had previously confirmed to Dagbladet Lacoste asked Norwegian police that Breivik had to dress differently. (© AP)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on April 17, 2012, 10:17:39 AM

The idea that there is a political and philosophical class within a western society which is willfully sabotaging it's heritage knowingly turning over the society to barbaric non-western populations.
It's a load of bollocks.
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 17, 2012, 10:21:00 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 17, 2012, 10:17:39 AM

It's a load of bollocks.

If you, however, remove agency from that statement then there is a case to be made. It is quite possible that Breiviks paranoid delusion of plots will somehow be conflated with an agency free statement of a tendency within society like

"The idea that there is a political and philosophical class within a western society which is unintentionally sabotaging it's heritage unknowingly turning over the society to un-integrated non-western populations."

Martinus

Can you stop making the same grammar error every time you repeat this idiotic statement? It is grating.

It should be "ITS heritage", not "IT'S heritage".  :rolleyes: