News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Razorcrypts--a DF AAR

Started by MadImmortalMan, April 16, 2012, 02:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

1st Opal 115, Mid-Winter

Admiral Yi makes the breach he was hoping for.

Unfortunately, he has breached it at ground level and not in the ceiling as we hoped he would. We'll have to wall that off for now.

12th Obsidian 115, Late Winter

The evil that inhabits the northern wastes has taken another soul. When I went to ask Barrister about the strange devices, I found him in a state of madness.

He promptly removed to his workshop and will not speak for now.

"Tonecat the Disembobeled Jaw", a limonite mechanism (value=57600)

This is a limonite mechanism. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cushion limonite cabuchons. This object is adorned with hanging rings of limonite and menaces with spikes of limonite.

Wow. That's expensive.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Pedrito on April 23, 2012, 03:12:21 AM
Quote from: sbr on April 22, 2012, 10:09:06 PM

Awards:

Granite Star-for meeting and killing the enemy:

Pedrito

:huh: :yeah:
I didn't even know I was arrived! I think in your last report about new arrivals you've posted double Benedict arnold's profile and did not post mine.

What's the profession of my dorf?

L.

He's mostly a fighter, but also animal trainer while Neil is off in the dojo.

He notched one kill in that last goblin fight. The goblin's name was Nguslu Seducedfaithful.  :P

Octavian

Cool I wasn't aware I had arrived as well. Hopefully many Goblins will be slain be my hand before I die with honor in the service of my fortress.

Don't let me be killed be a zombie sheep please!
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Barrister

Cool - my namesake did something!  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Pedrito

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 23, 2012, 03:57:49 AM

He's mostly a fighter, but also animal trainer while Neil is off in the dojo.

He notched one kill in that last goblin fight. The goblin's name was Nguslu Seducedfaithful.  :P

:cool:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

I believe we are in need of a full update on the status of every Languish Dwarf.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2012, 12:40:49 PM
I believe we are in need of a full update on the status of every Languish Dwarf.

I am going to do that for some. Some of them are not children anymore--Mono, meri, Hans I think at the beginning of 116. We have more dorfs now that are not Languishites. Lots of nobody vampire food dorfs. So I can certainly add more Languishites who want to be in. I think I may have taken babies and gave them different adult dwarves later.

I'm sure I made a bunch of mistakes and the dwarves were never 100% accurate. I've also noticed that sometimes when I change the nicks in therapist, not everything in the game quite gets transferred. For example, a wall carving about a languishite dwarf I renamed in therapist will not show the nick of the dwarf. But then I go to the dwarf in-game and change the nick again, the same carving will have the correct name. I would report it as a bug, but since therapist is technically a 3rd party app, I guess it's not Toady's job to fix that.

Jacob

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 22, 2012, 11:38:40 PM
Yeah, but the vomit is washed off. The description now says "this item is showing signs of wear".  I don't think it is getting thrown away though.  :)

Moving to Razorcrypts is a way of coping with the breakup. The vomit being washed off is the first part of the healing process. Let me know what happens next :)

MadImmortalMan

1st Granite 116, Early Spring

The new year has arrived, and we haven't had a battle for at least six weeks.

We are a metropolis now, and worth half a million of whatever our currency is, so that's impressive. Impressive to would-be attackers, particularly.

The masons have been working on the topside a bit this year. By that, I mean only Slargos and Syt. Brain prefers to stay downstairs with Katmai making furniture, doors and coffins. Unlike Katmai, he's not in the military, so he doesn't get outside much. I think he's becoming myopic. There is another larger tower going up over top of the main stairs. We got tired of birds crapping down into the fort, so we figured we'd cover it up. Give the dragons one more door to break down. I wish one of those stupid keas would crap our warhammer back.

Barrister wants to do something or other with catapults or ballistas or somesuch on the roof. I don't know how useful that might be. I'll ask about it in council. We need a law enforcement officer too. Anyway, the new tower is bigger than the archery watchtower and has several floors we can make into things like barracks and...hell I don't know. Stuff.

Tonitrus dug a small rudimentary jail area just above the crypts. Nothing but some alcoves and ropes at the moment. We don't have much crime anyway. We're all to busy trying not to freeze to death.

We've trapped a number of goblins in cages. Another thing to bring up in council. We can't just put them in storage forever. We should think of something for them to do.

Berkut's construction of Rochester Castle is coming along nicely. He's smoothed most of the stone in there already, and built a bunch of furniture. He's beginning to plan out his room layout and has even built some of the walls. It's going to be luxurious. We went ahead and placed fahdiz' epic statue of the outpost liaison who got fired in the middle of our meeting hall. Everybody likes it, and maybe it will make future liaisons treat us with extra deference. Plus it has a dragon on it too.

Yi's digging expedition has found a second level of caverns beneath our cistern level. While the first seems to be populated mostly by tower caps and fungiwood (we saw some sparsely-scattered cave spider silks about), the second one is full of goblin caps, blood thorns and tunnel tubes. We saw quite a number of crundle tracks in the mud there as well. Again, lots of water. The diggers are again probing as much as possible without breaching an opening. Yi is already talking about continuing down beyond this level as well.

There are a total of 42 legendary dwarves. They say a hard life makes a hard dwarf, and our frozen icedwarves of the north are certainly hardier than your average southerner.

Miners:
Tonitrus
Admiral Yi

Engraver:
Ed Anger

Metalcrafter:
Zoupa

Gem Setter:
Malthus

Woodcrafter:
Norgy

Stonecrafters:
Wags
Queequeg
Brain

Bonecarvers:
fahdiz
Kleves
Monoriu

Mechanic:
Barrister

---------

Too many to list the military so I'll just post the grid.

Bigger squares=more skill. Diamond=legendary.

Some dwarves finally came of age, including a legendary child prodigy.

Syt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 23, 2012, 10:32:56 PMThe masons have been working on the topside a bit this year. By that, I mean only Slargos and Syt.

I'm useful. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Huh.  A Raz the Dwarf appears to be a farmer, I'm curiously one of the few Dwarfs who leaves his subterranean home.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

I'm apparently a legendary macedwarf, shield user, and fighter, yet I never see myself going out to actually fight.

DSB: All talk and no action since 2004. :lol:
Experience bij!

Valmy

Valmy Dwarf was all kicking ass there for awhile what happened?  Is he taking a nap?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."