katmai

Sayonara Ed and Vampire Berk :weep:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Is Vampire Berk uber enough to demolish some trolls?  :P

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 05, 2012, 10:51:16 PM

He would have a much better chance if he were armed. but he isn't. Even then I think it's too many. I' hoping for the things to keep their attention on the main fort.  If they don't, I may have to do a mass charge or something to save Berk and Ed.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 05, 2012, 10:55:51 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 05, 2012, 10:51:16 PM

He would have a much better chance if he were armed. but he isn't. Even then I think it's too many. I' hoping for the things to keep their attention on the main fort.  If they don't, I may have to do a mass charge or something to save Berk and Ed.

Woah, woah, woah, it's not like they are that important now!

:P

Tonitrus

Razorcrypt's great artist must be saved.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Katmai's flatulence will be engraved on the walls.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

If we have to sally forth to save them, we should. Every Dwarf is important.

grumbler

Well, boys, I reckon this is it - dwarven combat toe to toe with the goblins. Now look, boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on out there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be dwarven bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about dwarven combat. I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin' on you and by golly, we ain't about to let 'em down. I tell you something else, if this thing turns out to be half as important as I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes for ever' last one of you regardless of your race, color or your creed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

Somehow, Josephus has found himself on the battlefield. I don't know how, but his corpse is mocking us from the walls. The archers have taken several prize targets, including a couple of the trolls. Tamas remains on the far side of the drawbridge, valiantly taking out targets. Some of them reach him and have a crossbow jammed down their throats, others tripping on the traps in the causeway.

But the main enemy groups have begun to turn away and head southeast. That is where Ed and Berkut are trapped, and we can't let them be taken without a fight.

Lower the drawbridge.  :menace:

MadImmortalMan

We waited as long as we could to weaken the enemy forces, but they stopped playing the game on our terms after only a few of them had fallen to our crossbows. The goblin forces turned their attention to an easier secondary target--the construction project in the southeast where Ed Anger and berkut are vulnerable. We elect to open the drawbridge in the hopes they will be tempted back and fight the army instead.

As soon as the bridge is down, Tamas leaps through the gates to join the archers above, throwing the severed head of a troll at the nearest goblin force and shouting a series of taunts in a language nobody could understand but later revealed to be something called Magyar. Which means beet-eater in our language.

The goblins may have understood this speech because his taunts were successful. The beasts almost all turned toward the jucier target of the fort itself and the riches within. As they turned distracted, the next caravan's bodyguards fell upon them from behind. A small help, but welcome.

Note: traps immediately filled up. Caravan just south. Enemies on the western edge appear to be trying to escape the pincer move or the archers or both. They are trying to flee.

After watching the goblins trying to charge our position fall to traps and bolts, our squads all charged the causeway at once to relieve the caravan and break the enemy. The wall of Jaron-forged steel bearing down upon their formation was too much for even the remaining trolls and they mostly broke ranks immediately.

We sadly found Joan Robinson and Fireblade dead on the hillside below. Both surrounded by goblin and monster corpses.

katmai

So there was a bunch of Dwarves outside :unsure:

MadImmortalMan

Josephus was outside somewhere. I don't know where. I never saw him until he was corpsified. That was before we lowered the bridge. FB and Joan were chasing the gobbos going to kill Ed. I think they came out in the initial rush. It all happened quickly. I suspect they delayed the force enough to get them swamped by the others or simply wiped them all out themselves and died by bleeding. I waited too long to get the combat report, but I think Ed may document their heroism in the future, so we'll see.

I opened the bridge as the caravan was coming up from behind the enemy. The traders had several fighters and a crossbowman. The crossbowman still lives and has a couple kills to his name. I don't see any other caravan fighters around.

Like a good duplicitous Languishite penal colony resident, I waited until the Mountainhomes' men had fully engaged the enemy before letting our forces charge.  :P

katmai

Ah gotcha, was thinking FB and Joanie were out and about before bridge went up.

MadImmortalMan

The demons of hell continue to remind us periodically that they will eventually take us and teach us what it means to suffer by posessing one of our citizens and using them to perform slave labor under their influence. The latest victim is Queequeg.

He duly hijacks a workshop and begins running around taking crafting materials. He is already a legendary stonecrafter. One wonders what the demons may teach him.

And a couple months later, he's gathered a bunch of things and seems to be sitting in the workshop howling and ranting.

I hope he's all right. That guy knows how to smash some serious skull, and if he fails at this it could go badly for us. I will ask Katmai to keep an eye on him.

MadImmortalMan

I needn't have worried, he just took longer than we all expected.

It's a drinking cup commemorating a legendary carving by Ed Anger and also showing some images of the legendary ring created by Zoupa.