News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I am against incest.

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 04:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

sheesh Neil... that's a bit flamboyant even for you. Couldn't find a picture of a Dreadnought waving that banner? whatever, hope you are having fun with it at least.
:p

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 06, 2009, 12:40:11 PM
Couldn't find a picture of a Dreadnought waving that banner?

Damn.  That would have been so much cooler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: ulmont on May 06, 2009, 12:39:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 12:38:03 PM
ANG

I love how you misspelled "and."  Really, it's not a hard word.  Only 3 letters.
It's hard to be accurate when you're pounding the keyboard in fury.  Just ask Berkut.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 06, 2009, 12:40:11 PM
sheesh Neil... that's a bit flamboyant even for you. Couldn't find a picture of a Dreadnought waving that banner? whatever, hope you are having fun with it at least.
Too large.  The point is that gays are my enemies.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on May 05, 2009, 04:24:50 PM
I remember back in 2003 I used to ask new people on Languish what they thought on incest, cannibalism and polygamy.

Best when not practiced at the same time.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2009, 02:22:35 PM
I remember back in 2003 I used to ask new people on Languish what they thought on incest, cannibalism and polygamy.

Males cannot multitask well.  :yes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

I wonder if The Brain's dates start with the same question.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on May 06, 2009, 02:25:23 PM

I wonder if The Brain's dates start with the same question.  :D

No. Unfortunately they almost always end with it.  :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 12:43:26 PM

It must be sad when your "enemies" just find you mildly amusing. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 06, 2009, 09:57:09 AM
I sense that we've danced around this without making it clear; the taboo is in place because of the chance of
birth defects resulting from a child from an incestuous relationship.  The taboo is not 'ooh, gross', although it
has that dimension NOW due to the taboo being in place for so long.

I also fail to see the comparison between incest and homosexuality, although I understand that both were
illegal... homosexual regulations was religion put into law, and the incest regulations were taboo made into law.

Pretty much, but both had logical support because of the linkage between procreation and child-rearing. Now that medical science is catching up to coping with problems of double-recessives and the social norms of the traditional relationship are being chipped away at, the logical argument is losing its teeth, and this is quickly becoming more taboo by tradition than anything else.
Experience bij!

grumbler

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 06, 2009, 09:57:09 AM
I sense that we've danced around this without making it clear; the taboo is in place because of the chance of
birth defects resulting from a child from an incestuous relationship.  The taboo is not 'ooh, gross', although it
has that dimension NOW due to the taboo being in place for so long.
The taboo predated any understanding of genetics, so i would argue this assertion is unwarrented.  The taboo is likelier to be in place for social reasons (societies benefit from inter-family alliances created by sexual relations). The Navajo have as strong a taboo against sexual relations with one's clan (or even allied clans) as they do within the family, and clearly their taboo was not created to avoid birth defects.

QuoteI also fail to see the comparison between incest and homosexuality, although I understand that both were
illegal... homosexual regulations was religion put into law, and the incest regulations were taboo made into law.
The taboo on incest is often expressed as a religious one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2009, 02:58:05 PM

So why do they pursue and attack me at every turn?

katmai

Lol Neil is living up to his avatar.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 05:44:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2009, 02:58:05 PM

So why do they pursue and attack me at every turn?

See the esteemed Senator from Alaska, above. :contract:
:p