News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I am against incest.

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 04:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Ok, that's an army joke you will never understand.
Basicly, whenever somebody says something, you say "you are (whatever he said)"

Examples:

- "Come on guys, form it up, make a formation."
- "You are a formation!"

- "Hey, I'm going to the shoppette to get me something to eat."
- "You are a shoppette!"

- "Don't forget to fill up the tank."
- "You are a tank!"

- "Who ate my damn cookies?!!"
- "You are a cookie!"

Etc, etc.
I guess it is all in the exclamation.
It is very funny.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Maximus

It's totally hilarious.

In kindergarten.

Neil

Quote from: Maximus on May 05, 2009, 07:40:46 PM
It's totally hilarious.

In kindergarten.
Hey, it's the Army.  If they were clever, they'd either be in civilian life, or the one real armed service.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

vinraith

Quote from: Siege on May 05, 2009, 07:39:27 PM

That's not an army joke, it's a children's joke. Most people outgrow it by the time they're 7 or 8.

Viking

What disgusts me? Well, actually male gay sex disgusts me. That hasn't led me to want to ban it or reduce it in any way. I just don't want to be part of it.

We all seem to agree that Incestuous procreation is unwise. I see it has been compared to the procreation of people with genetic defects. Well, we all have some sort of genetic defect. It is a bad analogy. First of all there is a degree, people with genes for alcoholism, cancer and diabetes such as myself can care for themselves and their children effectively and well, people with an extra chromosome (downs syndrome) cannot. Second of all there is choice, my kids will have about half their genes from me regardless, but in the case of incestuous procreation you can choose to do it; or choose to procreate with someone else removing the harm. It is a bad analogy.

Now, on to recreational incest. To be blunt you are in a power relationship towards every single member of your family, blood relation or not. If you permit it, it will almost certainly be abused. Father-Daughter is most common and Sibling Incest is rare. (references 2 and 3 at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest) Familiar relationships are easily exploited and used for this purpose, you can't say no to your father or elder brother in the same way you can fob off a drunk guy at a bar. It destroys the family and the trust in the family and is almost always exploitation.

It is assumed that owners protect their pets and that parents protect their children but we have laws to prevent both animal and child abuse.   
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: vinraith on May 05, 2009, 08:18:01 PM

That's not an army joke, it's a children's joke. Most people outgrow it by the time they're 7 or 8.

The guy watches Hannah Montana. He's a well armed and murderous version of Randy Doo Hickey.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Phillip V on May 05, 2009, 04:20:36 PM
Being supportive of gay marriage, I struggled with whether or not to support incestuous marriage. I wondered if it was hypocritical to give marriage rights to gays, but not to a brother and sister.

I have now come out against incestuous marriage based on the unequal playing field. There is a conflict of interest. The union cannot be fully consenting and free since the two are naturally connected to each other by familial ties and duties.

Is this the right way to look at the issue?

um no.

incest is hinky whether it's hetero or homo dude. ewwww!
:p

DontSayBanana

Some good reasoning on Viking's part, but it doesn't address the rare occurrences of sibling incest. However, if that reasoning is followed to its logical extent, we'll never have cause to see a decriminalization of parent-child relationships; even if the biological issues are fully circumvented, there will still always be a blatant conflict of interests.

I can't necessarily wrap my head around sibling incest, but the lessening of the biological issues means I wouldn't automatically condemn such a couple, and as for cousins, well, we've managed to avoid extinction thus far, so I think they're relatively innocuous.
Experience bij!

Tonitrus

Examples:

- "You are a formation!"

- "You are a shoppette!"

- "You are a tank!"

- "You are a cookie!"

Etc, etc.
It is very funny.

The USAF sticks with the "Your mom..." version.

- "Your mom fills up the tank."
- "Your mom ate your cookie."

Etc.

FunkMonk

Never heard of these jokes before. :unsure:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Examples:

- "You are a formation!"

- "You are a shoppette!"

- "You are a tank!"

- "You are a cookie!"

Etc, etc.
It is very funny.
I think the word "joke" means something else than you think it does.

For one, it is supposed to be funny.

Viking

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 05, 2009, 10:49:26 PM
Some good reasoning on Viking's part, but it doesn't address the rare occurrences of sibling incest. However, if that reasoning is followed to its logical extent, we'll never have cause to see a decriminalization of parent-child relationships; even if the biological issues are fully circumvented, there will still always be a blatant conflict of interests.

I can't necessarily wrap my head around sibling incest, but the lessening of the biological issues means I wouldn't automatically condemn such a couple, and as for cousins, well, we've managed to avoid extinction thus far, so I think they're relatively innocuous.

Sibling incest is rare, and according to the sources is usually elder brother-younger sister with a significant age difference. The cases which have been identified of similar age sibling incest include the recent one from Germany where the brother had been adopted away from the family and finds his family returning to his birth family just before a tragedy removes the parents.

I am suspicious of any reasoning for incest which you could cut-and-paste swap a few words and post on a NAMBLA internet discussion group.

Crazy_Ivan80

Habsburgs

what other reasons do you need not to legalise incest?

Tonitrus

You have to admit, for a bunch of inbreds, they were pretty successful.