News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RANT: Avid!

Started by garbon, May 06, 2009, 11:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

So last night I planned to edit a video for my spanish class (final project).  Unfortunately, I didn't plan well as I'd forgotten that Avid (editing software) wasn't installed on my computer...I should have done a trial run this weekend. :blush:

Avid rejected my desktop computer last night and I discovered after searching that it is really just my specific brand of onboard audio isn't supported (realtec).  I also discovered that my new videocamera creates .mod files...which until I downloaded a patch to increase the codecs that wmv could handle...would cause my computer to crash when I just selected them in a folder.  I then had to make my video project in Windows Movie Maker which does this weird editing (like when you cut clips) that makes everything look very choppy.  It even hid some of my video (I had a scene of someone standing, reaching down and then standing up; my video now simply has the video of the person standing up, they disappear and then stand back up).  <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

get final cut, hell even the new imovie is better than windows media (that's not saying much I know)... I miss Premiere for little projects.
:p

garbon

I don't own a mac.  I think I'll just need to get a soundcard for future projects.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Well, thankfully this was for a spanish class and not a video art class.  Our video was the only to actually feature transitions and lighting, so although the cuts were sometimes choppy, that plus our acting helped to save the day. :cool: