Started by Ed Anger, April 08, 2012, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2013, 09:48:09 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 14, 2013, 09:34:57 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 14, 2013, 08:34:44 AM
Ate at a steakhouse called the Buffalo Grill. Theme? The American West.  :lol: its a chain.  :lol:

Heh, we get US themed chains in Canada, too. Reason: the US is associated with good service and plentiful servings.

We hardly have any Canadian themed restaurants.  But if we did I wonder what they would be associated with? :hmm:

Americans are not really aware of the existence of Canada, for good or bad.   :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on June 14, 2013, 10:02:54 AM
Americans are not really aware of the existence of Canada, for good or bad.   :D

So a Canadian themed restaurant would be a restaurant where most people are not aware of the fact it is Canadian?  The Michael J Fox of restaurants.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I counter-propose Lesley Neilson.  A few people knew Fox was Canadian.  Especially after he did those commercials about stem cell research.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 14, 2013, 10:15:13 AM
I counter-propose Lesley Neilson.  A few people knew Fox was Canadian.  Especially after he did those commercials about stem cell research.

There's dozens and dozens of famous actors who few people recognize as Canadian. 

Fun fact: did you know Lesley Neilson's brother was a long-time Member of Parliament from the Yukon?  I believe he was even deputy-PM at one point.  Whitehorse International Airporrt is named the Eric Neilson Airport in his honour.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 14, 2013, 10:23:06 AM
There's dozens and dozens of famous actors who few people recognize as Canadian. 

Talk is cheap.  I played the Neilson card, let's see you trump it.  :ph34r:

Grey Fox

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 14, 2013, 10:26:36 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 14, 2013, 10:23:06 AM

Talk is cheap.  I played the Neilson card, let's see you trump it.  :ph34r:

William Shatner
Jim Carrey
Michael Cera
James Cameron
Howie Mandel
Mike Myers
Christopher Plummer

Admiral Yi

Ryan Reynolds -- good one

Seth Rogaine -- you've got to be kidding

Jay Baruchel-- who?

Beeb:  with all due respect, your entire list is utter shit.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 14, 2013, 10:38:20 AM
Ryan Reynolds -- good one

Seth Rogaine -- you've got to be kidding

Jay Baruchel-- who?

Beeb:  with all due respect, your entire list is utter shit.

Because they're not all that famous, or because everyone knows they are Canadian?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 14, 2013, 10:41:49 AM
Because they're not all that famous, or because everyone knows they are Canadian?

The latter.  You might as well put Donald Sutherland on your list.

Though it might not be known about D-list celeb Howie Mandel.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 14, 2013, 10:38:20 AM
Jay Baruchel-- who?

Dude in My Sorcerer's Apprentice with Nic Cage. His new movie is This is the End with Seth Rogaine.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 14, 2013, 10:46:09 AM
Dude in My Sorcerer's Apprentice with Nic Cage. His new movie is This is the End with Seth Rogaine.

Ah, the wormy looking Jewkid?  OK, that's a pretty good one.