News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ALBERTA: Provincial Elections!

Started by PRC, April 03, 2012, 01:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the Albertan Provincial Elections? Cast your vote!  (See Below for Party Leader Images & Policy Synopsis)

Alberta Liberal Party
3 (17.6%)
Alberta New Democratic Party
1 (5.9%)
Alberta Party
0 (0%)
Alberta Social Credit Party
0 (0%)
Communist Party - Alberta
3 (17.6%)
Evergreen Party of Alberta
0 (0%)
Separation Party of Alberta
2 (11.8%)
Wildrose Alliance Party
8 (47.1%)
Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Admiral Yi

The Social Credit Party sounds like they know what they're talking about.

crazy canuck

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 01:53:13 AM

:yes:

A + B says it all.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on April 03, 2012, 02:20:32 AM
Quote from: PRC on April 03, 2012, 01:35:06 AM

I think I may have seen her (or someone looking rather similar) in a gangbang video once. I need to investigate.

That would certainly make the election more interesting, were it to go viral during the campaign.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

I don't understand what the PCs are doing.  So far their campaign is just releasing one bland announcement after another.

Wildrose is surging in all of the PCs strongholds.  They should be running some vicious attack ads against Wildrose for having no experience and being full of kooks.  Have they just plain forgotten how to run an election campaign?

Neil

How would they?  The last time the Alberta PCs faced a serious challenge was 20 years ago from Lawrence Decore's Liberals, after Getty tanked the province.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on April 04, 2012, 02:14:37 PM
How would they?  The last time the Alberta PCs faced a serious challenge was 20 years ago from Lawrence Decore's Liberals, after Getty tanked the province.

But surely they have some strategists who worked for Harper's Conservatives?

Perhaps the problem is that they in fact have strategists who worked for the federal Liberals instead.

Octavian

Based on the compass:

PC - 60%
LIB - 58%
NDP - 49%
WR - 48%
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 11:51:34 AM

A + B says it all.

I don't get it. :(

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 06:28:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 11:51:34 AM

A + B says it all.

I don't get it. :(

It's a SoCred joke. Major Douglass's whole economic philosophy/theory was summed up by A + B.

It was gibberish of course.

PRC

Wiebo Ludwig died...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/04/09/wiebo-ludwig-dead.html

Anti-oilpatch activist Wiebo Ludwig dies at 70

Controversial Alberta anti-oilpatch activist and convicted bomber Wiebo Ludwig has died, his son Josh has confirmed to CBC News.

Ludwig, 70, told CBC News last October that he had cancer of the esophagus and was not interested in undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatment.

"Generally, they just extend your life a bit on all of those," he said. "And if that's all they're doing, I would just as soon sign off earlier."

Josh Ludwig released a statement Monday night saying his father had "entered eternal rest at home and surrounded by those he loved dearly."

Ludwig has long been a controversial figure in the Alberta oilpatch.

No one has ever been charged in the 1999 fatal shooting of teenager Karman Willis on his Trickle Creek farm.

In 2000, Ludwig was found guilty on five charges related to bombings and vandalism of oil and gas wells in northwestern Alberta. He served two-thirds of a 28-month prison sentence before he was released in 2001.

In January 2010, hundreds of RCMP officers searched his property looking for evidence related to six EnCana gas pipeline bombings. RCMP said they found his DNA on the envelope of a threatening letter sent to a local newspaper.

Ludwig was arrested and released after spending one night in jail. He was never charged.

In an interview last October with CBC News in Edmonton ahead of a screening of a documentary film about his life, Ludwig said he hoped he lived long enough to write a book about his fight.

"And probably publish it posthumously so they don't put me in jail," he said.

Tamas

Neil

Well, the Languish straw poll seems pretty definitely for the MILF Party.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Were I Albertan, I would take my chances with the WildRose.

The leader is a former CFIB regional director, so she knows about public policies.
The Conservatives have been there forever, time they go.

I kinda like Danielle Smith's backround at Fraser Institute and CFIB.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.