News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ALBERTA: Provincial Elections!

Started by PRC, April 03, 2012, 01:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the Albertan Provincial Elections? Cast your vote!  (See Below for Party Leader Images & Policy Synopsis)

Alberta Liberal Party
3 (17.6%)
Alberta New Democratic Party
1 (5.9%)
Alberta Party
0 (0%)
Alberta Social Credit Party
0 (0%)
Communist Party - Alberta
3 (17.6%)
Evergreen Party of Alberta
0 (0%)
Separation Party of Alberta
2 (11.8%)
Wildrose Alliance Party
8 (47.1%)
Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

PRC

Option 1: Alberta Liberal Party

"Countries which out-educate and out-train us today will out-compete us tomorrow," says Alberta Liberal Leader Raj Sherman. "This is why the Alberta Liberals have introduced a fully-costed plan to immediately reduce tuition by $250 and progressively reduce it until it is eliminated completely by 2025."

Option 2: Alberta New Democratic Party

"Conservatives have delivered unacceptably low returns from our vast and valuable oilsands resources. It's time Albertans invest their prosperity with someone else" says Mason. "Liberals endorse the status quo. The Wildrose policy takes us further away from getting full value for our resources. New Democrats know that Albertans own the resource, so we'll do what it takes to get the most value, in terms of jobs and revenues."

Option 3: Alberta Party

"I grew up in a Canadian military family with three brothers and a sister. In 1982 I moved to Alberta, settling in Hinton in 1986 where I have lived ever since. Hinton has been good to me; I met and married Donna and have two wonderful children. My daughter Kelsea is a nurse and son Zachary is a second year apprentice automotive mechanic. I love camping, quadding, fishing, and golfing – enjoying everything Alberta offers. When indoors I am often reading, balancing outdoor pursuits with continuous learning."

Option 4: Alberta Social Credit Party

"Social Credit is more than a political party.  It defines an economic system that enables a society to provide for the needs of its members. Enough money is provided to produce and consume the goods and services they need for a good standard of living. The Alberta Treasury Branch will be mandated to supply this money and will become the economic engine of Alberta.  Individuals, businesses and governments will keep the billions of dollars that are now being paid to banks and foreign shareholders as interest and dividends."

Option 5: Communist Party - Alberta

"You have nothing to lose but your chains!"

Option 6: Evergreen Party of Alberta

"We acknowledge that human beings are part of the natural world and we respect the specific values of all forms of life."

Option 7: Separation Party of Alberta

"I would like to apologize for the inactivity of the Separation Party of Alberta and the lack of updates on our web site. I take sole responsibility for this. In my own defense, I would point out that Mr. Harper had taken the wind out of the sails of the Separatist movement by keeping his promises, something that usually doesn't happen in federal politics. Add to that, life has been great in Alberta for the last few years and it seems that people grow complacent and don't take the time to look at what is happening around them when their pockets are full of money and for most people, politics is boring. Well, many Albertans pockets aren't full of money anymore and we are looking at an economic downturn, the likes of which many Albertans have never experienced."

Option 8: Wildrose Alliance Party

"Albertans work hard, pay their taxes, and live within their means – and they expect their government to do the same. Each and every day, Alberta families make prudent and responsible spending decisions and save money for future expenses. Sometimes, this means making the tough choice to delay spending decisions and foregoing some luxuries until they can afford them."

Option 9: Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta

"Alberta is a blessed province, filled with a wealth of natural resources and energetic, innovative people. But ensuring the future of our province can be as fortunate as our past means we need a plan now to address opportunities and overcome challenges."

Tonitrus

What's this?  The right-wingers got the only babes?

PRC

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 03, 2012, 01:41:18 AM
What's this?  The right-wingers got the only babes?

In their defence they are Canadian right wingers... so a bit to the left of your Democrats.

PRC

Globe & Mail's poll of the standings as of April 2nd, 2012:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: PRC on April 03, 2012, 01:35:06 AM

I think I may have seen her (or someone looking rather similar) in a gangbang video once. I need to investigate.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Are all Albertans fat and ugly or is this just the politicians?

Martinus

Quote"I grew up in a Canadian military family with three brothers and a sister. In 1982 I moved to Alberta, settling in Hinton in 1986 where I have lived ever since. Hinton has been good to me; I met and married Donna and have two wonderful children. My daughter Kelsea is a nurse and son Zachary is a second year apprentice automotive mechanic. I love camping, quadding, fishing, and golfing – enjoying everything Alberta offers. When indoors I am often reading, balancing outdoor pursuits with continuous learning."

Wtf. Is this a dating site entry or what? This does not present a single fact about that idiot's political platform.

Martinus

Incidentally, maybe I'm slow this morning, but beats me if I could guess the political leanings of these people based on the blurbs that have been posted - this mostly seems like some general claptrap on how they love Alberta (which in itself should disqualify one from holding any job that requires a modicum of sanity) but no specific views are presented. Is this typical for Canada or are these blurbs posted ironically?

Josquius

Progressive Conservatives?
LOL. Oxymoron much?
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

I don't know anything about that Wildrose party or its hottie leader but that quote makes me swoon so I voted for her.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

I call rigged polling : the Progressive Conservative Party is not available.  :mad:

Barrister

Quote from: Drakken on April 03, 2012, 08:37:16 AM
I call rigged polling : the Progressive Conservative Party is not available.  :mad:

:lol:  He's right!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 03, 2012, 03:58:52 AM
Incidentally, maybe I'm slow this morning, but beats me if I could guess the political leanings of these people based on the blurbs that have been posted - this mostly seems like some general claptrap on how they love Alberta (which in itself should disqualify one from holding any job that requires a modicum of sanity) but no specific views are presented. Is this typical for Canada or are these blurbs posted ironically?

I'm pretty sure the blurbs are posted somewhat ironically, but like any 21st century democracy the parties try very hard to avoid identifying themselves with any particular ideology.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I am amused by how wimpy the Lettowist part of Alberta is.  Harper is ever so dreamy and keeps his promises.  Yeah that will build up rage against the Federal State.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."