News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Scipio, March 30, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Google search says it's a phishing mail. I accidentally deleted it anyways. Normally it should show up in my battle.net automatically, anyways account if it's legit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

"Blizzard" asks me for game/bank/genome information all the time.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Other than MOO3, D3 is the game I most regret purchasing.

Grey Fox

eh, it's my #2 too. Behind Fallout 3.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

I've logged maybe.... 30 minutes on it?  I'm not a big fan of any of the character classes they chose to roll out in the regular.  I may purchase the Reaper of Souls expansion for the paladin class.  I figure since I got D3 for free (hooray year commitment to WoW!), I can shell out a bit for the expansion without feeling bad. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Arvoreen

Actually, my son, daughter & I have been having fun with DIII on the PS3 in co-op play.  I don't regret that money spent.  Not sure how it is on the PC though....

crazy canuck

Quote from: Arvoreen on January 14, 2014, 09:44:48 PM
Actually, my son, daughter & I have been having fun with DIII on the PS3 in co-op play.  I don't regret that money spent.  Not sure how it is on the PC though....

If you liked DII you should try Path of Exile.  If you didnt play DII then I can understand why you might like DIII

Iormlund

I actually played a lot of D3, but I did it mostly with three RL friends (also WoW guildmates).

Didn't play D2 back in the day so CC may be up to something.

Zanza

I played Diablo III online with real life friends as well and it was fun for a while. Once you realized that you literally only found crap stuff and the only way to get good stuff was the auction house it was over though.

Iormlund

I think a big part of the itemization problem wasn't really the items themselves, but how imbalanced min-maxing certain things was. There were one or two builds (sometimes none) that worked for each character and that tended to make most things absolutely useless.

Precisely the thing that I like the most from DotA 2 is the sheer variety having over 100 heroes gives the game, despite consisting of essentially playing the same map over and over again.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on January 15, 2014, 01:09:54 PM
I think a big part of the itemization problem wasn't really the items themselves, but how imbalanced min-maxing certain things was. There were one or two builds (sometimes none) that worked for each character and that tended to make most things absolutely useless.

Both are big issues.  Itemization was terrible.  People who played DII saw that and left the game almost immediately to play Path of Exile where itemization is closer to DII - you have to make real decisions about what sorts of stats to stack.

FunkMonk

Diablo 3's long-awaited 2.0 patch was just released. The smart loot system is a huge improvement so far. I'm liking the game again.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

What does that mean? I haven't touched this in ages. It was fun for a while to play with friends online, but that was it.

The Brain

You liked the game?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

It was okay, not great. I would consider playing it again if there are major changes that make it more appealing.