Breaking News - Gun Attack On French Jewish School Kills 4

Started by mongers, March 19, 2012, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Zoupa on March 22, 2012, 02:15:50 PM
There is no vanilla Frenchman. I have czech, polish, madagascar, italian, belgian, portuguese, algerian genes. Where the dude s parents are born is irrelevant.

Any Islamist in ya?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 22, 2012, 02:24:45 PM
There is no vanilla Frenchman. I have czech, polish, madagascar, italian, belgian, portuguese, algerian genes. Where the dude s parents are born is irrelevant.

Any Islamist in ya?

Any in you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 02:19:51 PM
Fortunately we don't live in the 9th century, so we don't have to worry about that.  You'll also notice in my posts that I was referring to modern period.  Fundamentalism is a plank of right wing thought.  It is not synonymous with right wing thought, though.  Simply a part of it.  People can have both right wing and left wing ideas in their head.  However, having both in their head does not change the nature of either idea.

Gotcha.  So those rednecks in Oklahoma or wherever who passed a law outlawing the sharia, those were left-wingers, right? 

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 02:25:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 22, 2012, 02:24:45 PM

Any Islamist in ya?

Any in you?

No, sir.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

I am a direct descendent of Mohammed.  In fact I look exactly like him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2012, 02:26:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 02:19:51 PM
Fortunately we don't live in the 9th century, so we don't have to worry about that.  You'll also notice in my posts that I was referring to modern period.  Fundamentalism is a plank of right wing thought.  It is not synonymous with right wing thought, though.  Simply a part of it.  People can have both right wing and left wing ideas in their head.  However, having both in their head does not change the nature of either idea.

Gotcha.  So those rednecks in Oklahoma or wherever who passed a law outlawing the sharia, those were left-wingers, right?

Don't know.  Why?  What would make you think that?  Does outlawing a form of law not practiced in the US seem leftwing to you?

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 22, 2012, 02:30:07 PM

I believe John Kerry was, wasn't he?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 02:32:49 PM
Don't know.  Why?  What would make you think that?  Does outlawing a form of law not practiced in the US seem leftwing to you?

Nothing would make me think that.  I think the opposite.  But you're the one associating all forms of fundamentalism with the right.  Sharia law is an expression of fundamentalism.  Ergo by your logic it is associated with the right.

DGuller

If you ever take a vacation in Pakistan or Afghanistan, I would advise you against having your picture taken there.

Razgovory

Neat thing about Right wingers.  They don't work together well.  Religious fundamentalists from one religion often hate religious fundamentalists from another group.  Nationalists from one country may hate nationalists from another country.  Despite being both being right wingers.  I suppose this is because there is an element of exclusivity in right wing ideologies. 

Naturally of course, left wingers don't always agree.  But they have had a long history of international alliances.  The best example is the Communist International.  I don't believe there is a right wing equivalent.

Admiral Yi

Muslim fundamentalist are left-wingers.  They are a minority, and protection of minorities is a plank of the left wing.

[Obvious nonsense]

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on March 22, 2012, 02:46:22 PM
If you ever take a vacation in Pakistan or Afghanistan, I would advice you against having your picture taken there.

And will there be rioting and flag-burning if someone caricatures Valmy in a newspaper?

Razgovory

Okay.   While I appreciate you are now labeling you posts as "obvious nonsense" so the unwary won't take you seriously, I'm not sure what your point is.

Your obvious nonsense is such because you confuse two ideas.  The liberal idea of protection of minorities with the individual beliefs of the minority themselves.  American liberals protect the rights of minorities regardless of what the minorities believe.