News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you work standard business hours?

Started by Zanza, March 11, 2012, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you work standard business hours?

Yes, about 40h between 8 am - 5 pm (or whatever is standard in your place)
22 (50%)
No, working during the day, but considerably more than 40h
9 (20.5%)
No, working about 40h, but not during the standard times (starting early/ending late)
4 (9.1%)
No, working shifts during the day (e.g. rotating between early and late shift)
3 (6.8%)
No, working shifts including night shifts
1 (2.3%)
No, not working
3 (6.8%)
Part-time, which is sorta like not working
2 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Zanza

Well? I work standard business hours, but I just saw a report on TV that fewer and fewer people have that luxury.

Ideologue

Fuck you and your question, which was clearly designed to hurt me.

Nah, I'm kidding.  I work the hours which are standard in my industry.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

syk

Jaron

I work M-F, 8-5 and the first Saturday of every month (by choice).

Pretty sweet.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Warspite

After being suckered into a promotion, I now work as many hours as are required. Considerably more than 40h/week probably at least three weeks out of twelve.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Iormlund

No option for part-time?

Used to work 8:30 to 13:30, 16:00 to 19:00, plus whatever (usually unpaid) overtime was needed. In the end I decided to go down to 30h/week because I'm fucking tired of living at work or going to and from work. Less salary, but I get to spend a couple hours at the gym and I've got all afternoons for myself. Another plus is the office closes at 13:30 sharp, so I only do overtime on the field - where it doesn't bother me that much.

Zoupa

Im 11-19 monday to friday. Perfect schedule for my lazy ass.

Ideologue

Quote from: Iormlund on March 11, 2012, 02:02:33 PM
No option for part-time?

Used to work 8:30 to 13:30, 16:00 to 19:00, plus whatever (usually unpaid) overtime was needed. In the end I decided to go down to 30h/week because I'm fucking tired of living at work or going to and from work. Less salary, but I get to spend a couple hours at the gym I've got all afternoons for myself, and I've got all afternoons for myself. Another plus is the office closes at 13:30 sharp, so I only do overtime on the field - where it doesn't bother me that much.

Ah, Espana.  Tu perezoso pais.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Zoupa on March 11, 2012, 02:03:29 PM
Im 11-19 monday to friday. Perfect schedule for my lazy ass.

Le Quebec est parasseux aussi. <_<
Kinemalogue

Iormlund

Quote from: Ideologue on March 11, 2012, 02:04:44 PM
Ah, Espana.  Tu perezoso pais.

:lol:
Part-time work is actually fairly rare here.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Zanza

Quote from: Iormlund on March 11, 2012, 02:02:33 PM
No option for part-time?

Used to work 8:30 to 13:30, 16:00 to 19:00, plus whatever (usually unpaid) overtime was needed. In the end I decided to go down to 30h/week because I'm fucking tired of living at work or going to and from work. Less salary, but I get to spend a couple hours at the gym and I've got all afternoons for myself. Another plus is the office closes at 13:30 sharp, so I only do overtime on the field - where it doesn't bother me that much.
You are right, I should have added a part time option. Maybe a mod can add it?

CountDeMoney

There's the implicit assumption that, while we're 40 hour salaried, you should really be putting in 50ish on average.  So, I usually put in 10-11 hours a day at the Puzzle Palace.
And, as an added bonus, I'm on-call for all sorts of nifty shit on a 24/7 basis.  Yahoo.

Zanza

I actually only work only 35 hours/week as per standard union contract for Germany's metal industry and can pick my own time between 6am and 8pm, meaning I sometimes work say 10-11 hours a day and sometimes leave after lunch. ;)

Ideologue

Quote from: Zanza on March 11, 2012, 02:18:54 PM
I actually only work only 35 hours/week as per standard union contract for Germany's metal industry and can pick my own time between 6am and 8pm, meaning I sometimes work say 10-11 hours a day and sometimes leave after lunch. ;)

Germany: 35 hour workweek.
Germany: only country in Europe that doesn't suck.
Kinemalogue