News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you work standard business hours?

Started by Zanza, March 11, 2012, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you work standard business hours?

Yes, about 40h between 8 am - 5 pm (or whatever is standard in your place)
22 (50%)
No, working during the day, but considerably more than 40h
9 (20.5%)
No, working about 40h, but not during the standard times (starting early/ending late)
4 (9.1%)
No, working shifts during the day (e.g. rotating between early and late shift)
3 (6.8%)
No, working shifts including night shifts
1 (2.3%)
No, not working
3 (6.8%)
Part-time, which is sorta like not working
2 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

The Larch

Quote from: Barrister on March 13, 2012, 08:30:10 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2012, 03:25:51 AM
Yeah, 8.20-16.15.
It sucks.
I don't know what I want to do for a job in the future but I sure as hell know it doesn't involve being at my desk before 9.

You adjust.

The first couple weeks of my "getting to my desk by 7" was rough, but your body gets used to it after awhile.  And there are definite upsides.  All things being equal I pull out of my office at 3:30 - at that point a good chunk of the afternoon is still free.  Hell even by the time I take the train home, pick up my son from his dayhome, and get home and change out of my suit it's only 5pm.

But you have to be in bed by 9 or 10. :p

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on March 13, 2012, 09:55:48 AM
Yeah, 8.20-16.15.
It sucks.
I don't know what I want to do for a job in the future but I sure as hell know it doesn't involve being at my desk before 9.

You adjust.

The first couple weeks of my "getting to my desk by 7" was rough, but your body gets used to it after awhile.  And there are definite upsides.  All things being equal I pull out of my office at 3:30 - at that point a good chunk of the afternoon is still free.  Hell even by the time I take the train home, pick up my son from his dayhome, and get home and change out of my suit it's only 5pm.

But you have to be in bed by 9 or 10. :p

10 or 11. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Yeah, 8.20-16.15.
It sucks.

You adjust.

I think I've adjusted a little. Its no longer seen as inhuman to be up before 11. After 10 can be classed as a good lie in.
Still, beiing up and active at 7ish just doesn't click. Its not quite as bad as it used to be but its still a case of getting up, getting changed, and leaving.

The thing is....night is just so much better than early morning. Everything happens at night. Mornings are dull. And shifting your sleep cycle to be in bed at 10 every day leaves you in a sticky situation come the weekend. I count it as a super early night if I'm in bed before 12.

I'm just a night hawk. In an ideal world I'd have a job to match. This world of course is far from ideal...
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2012, 07:21:52 PM
Yeah, 8.20-16.15.
It sucks.

You adjust.

I think I've adjusted a little. Its no longer seen as inhuman to be up before 11. After 10 can be classed as a good lie in.
Still, beiing up and active at 7ish just doesn't click. Its not quite as bad as it used to be but its still a case of getting up, getting changed, and leaving.

The thing is....night is just so much better than early morning. Everything happens at night. Mornings are dull. And shifting your sleep cycle to be in bed at 10 every day leaves you in a sticky situation come the weekend. I count it as a super early night if I'm in bed before 12.

I'm just a night hawk. In an ideal world I'd have a job to match. This world of course is far from ideal...

Newsflash: Entering the workforce implies adjusting your lifestyle and stopping to live like a layabout student. No longer inhuman to be up by 11? That sounded Lettowish, make of that what you wish.

sbr

Jesus Christ in bed until 11? I don't remember the last time I slept later than 9.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2012, 07:21:52 PM
The thing is....night is just so much better than early morning. Everything happens at night.

Not photosynthesis.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: sbr on March 13, 2012, 09:41:10 PM
Jesus Christ in bed until 11? I don't remember the last time I slept later than 9.

If I were the son of God, I'd sleep in late too.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: The Larch on March 13, 2012, 07:58:52 PM
Newsflash: Entering the workforce implies adjusting your lifestyle and stopping to live like a layabout student. No longer inhuman to be up by 11? That sounded Lettowish, make of that what you wish.

:lol:  I think 11:00 is pushing it even for a college student.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

HisMajestyBOB

Even though my working hours would let me sleep in till 11, I've only done that when I've been sick.
Gotta enjoy the day. :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help