Main Menu

HoI3 Betas

Started by szmik, March 12, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Fate on August 07, 2009, 08:03:31 AM
Fuck it, I paid my 40$. Time to go pick up my copy from PirateBay...  :lol:

Patching it might be a problem though.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Josephus on August 07, 2009, 08:51:29 AM

They'll have the expansions there too   

MadBurgerMaker

1.1 is on The Pirate Bay.  It was in the torrent with the main program.

Josephus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 07, 2009, 09:10:08 AM

LOL :P

How times have changed. I remember Johan during the Vicki era getting so mad at the whole pirating thing. Now, by putting the manual online, it's like he's facilitating the whole thing.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Slargos

Quote from: Josephus on August 07, 2009, 09:25:23 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 07, 2009, 09:10:08 AM

LOL :P

How times have changed. I remember Johan during the Vicki era getting so mad at the whole pirating thing. Now, by putting the manual online, it's like he's facilitating the whole thing.

Maybe they've realized that nothing they can do will really reduce piracy.

Personally, I don't pirate Paradox titles since I believe in their business.

I really don't pirate other titles these days either, since they've started to get to the 7-8GB range and it's starting to be more of a bother than it's worth since 9 out of 10 games will suck ass anyway.

Warspite

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 07, 2009, 07:24:01 AM
Quote from: Maladict on August 07, 2009, 06:54:29 AM
  :lmfao:

QuoteMy main impression on this whole DLC/preorder episode is that HoI3 is under priced.

Paradox has to acknowledge the fact that their products are big enough for them to charge full price ($50).

QuoteFirst of all I would like to thank the Paradox for a super game. In fact I thought the game so good that I wondered if I should pay for it twice as a sign of appreciation.

:lol:

Fantastic. That's some champion knob-gobbling.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Maladict

Quote from: sbr on August 07, 2009, 08:22:28 AM
Yay! You quoted one of my posts.   Not sure what is so funny about it. :huh:

my point was that all of the people who were pitching a fit about the option to purchase additional content would have pre-ordered the game for $50 just as fast as they did for $40--and they would have gotten "bonus" sprites.   <_<

HOI3 will probably be their best selling game to date, why would they underprice it? $40 for a digital product doesn't sound underpriced to me, especially since we all know it will be doubled with the inevitable expansions.
I'm not going to be dragged into an argument on this, it's just a matter of preference, but I don't think I'm alone on this one here. I liked Paradox for the way they treated EU2, patching and caring for it years after release at no additional cost. I wouldn't mind paying more if I knew HOI3 would get that kind of treatment, but now I just don't know where it will end (see also: EU3 Complete getting a new expansion).

MadBurgerMaker

Fuuuuccckkkk....Okay so I started a game as Austria so I could kinda get the hang of everything, and I'm having a problem getting any oil, since I don't have a port.  All the nations that have a surplus are overseas.  :( 

Edit:  And how the hell do you get neutrality down?  I want to invade Hungary.

PRC

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 07, 2009, 09:56:53 AM

I think you can set your internal spies to work at getting neutrality down.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: PRC on August 07, 2009, 10:38:56 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 07, 2009, 09:56:53 AM

I think you can set your internal spies to work at getting neutrality down.

Damn you're right.  This is going to take a while.  <_<

I do hope my "CAG as all around air unit" experiment works.  I'm building two with a license from Germany.

Syt

Quote from: Slargos on August 07, 2009, 07:55:39 AMIn addition, GG is pocketing the supposed VAT that buyers of downloaded software do not pay in the country which pay with Y.

Yeah, that supposed VAT that GG claims is part of the EUR prices has bugged me for a while. Every other online store with taxed sales (Amazon UK/DE, even fucking Matrixgames) shows how much VAT you pay and gives you a receipt about it.

I still maintain that P'dox claims that EUR prices include VAT to silence folks who complain that EUR = USD prices, despite a huge exchange rate discrepancy (although, to be fair, on purchasing power, and looking at comparable games prices in those currencies it makes a lot more sense).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Slargos on August 07, 2009, 07:55:39 AM
Foreign currency X gets to buy the game from Gamersgate in their own currency at 40 units.

Foreign currency Y gets to buy the game from Gamersgate in € at the exorbitant price of X57.

In addition, GG is pocketing the supposed VAT that buyers of downloaded software do not pay in the country which pay with Y.

I will leave it to you, my intelligent readers, to decide which you think is USD and which you think is NOK.  <_<

Because I am a big pussy, and because it seems the price when buying retail here is about the same as at GG, I may end up buying at GG anyway.

buy at play.com (or .co.uk): they sell it at 32€ and free delivery to a lot of european countries

MadBurgerMaker

I have successfully:  taken all enjoyment out of the game:

24,000 IC was slightly more than I was expecting it to be, but at least I know how to make those adjustments with events now.  :P

Norgy

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Right. The Austrian Power Modding.
I think the great big Austrian should try that in Cali.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Norgy on August 08, 2009, 08:25:04 AM
I think the great big Austrian should try that in Cali.

"global_money = 100" would be perfect for Ahnold.  It's like a 10,000% increase in your cashflow.