NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Ravens are shitbirding all over Jacksonville tonight.

Although Emanuel Cook had an ugly, ugly leg injury.  Like they need less safeties as it is.
Cart + Soft Cast = Who's available on waivers?

CountDeMoney

And of course, Tyrod Taylor will run for a beauty TD, and then promptly toss a Pick Six the other way.

Fucking Vicktard.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2012, 09:02:20 PM
Although Emanuel Cook had an ugly, ugly leg injury.  Like they need less safeties as it is.
Cart + Soft Cast = Who's available on waivers?

Speaking of ugly leg injuries, did you catch Mariani's snapping like a twig?  :yuk:

Neil

I liked Leach's touchdown.  First of all, Flacco did a good job of rolling out to avoid pressure,  but by far the best part of it was when he had caught the ball and sidestepped the defender.  He was looking to knock that linebacker the fuck out, but Pozlusky wouldn't step up.

Great game by Flacco, too.  Even the pick didn't really matter, since it was a Hail Mary.  The only problem is that there's no receiver in the league fast enough to run under Flacco's monster arm.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 24, 2012, 08:30:53 AM
Great game by Flacco, too.  Even the pick didn't really matter, since it was a Hail Mary.  The only problem is that there's no receiver in the league fast enough to run under Flacco's monster arm.

They're going to need him.  The way the defense has suffered from injuries and free agent losses, the pressure will be on the offense to score points.

They want to make it back to the AFC Championship game, they're going to have to hang 30+ points a game on people.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2012, 01:14:29 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 24, 2012, 08:30:53 AM
They're going to need him.  The way the defense has suffered from injuries and free agent losses, the pressure will be on the offense to score points.

They want to make it back to the AFC Championship game, they're going to have to hang 30+ points a game on people.
Losing both Suggs and JJ was huge, but we haven't seen the full scheme yet, what with the vanilla, low-blitz preseason mode.  If the Ravens are giving up 28 points to all comers in the regular season, I will be absolutely shocked.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

I correctly called both of Aaron Rodgers TD runs last night.  Hell of a guy to watch.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Hey Neil--they waived Billy Cundiff.

In Justin Tucker We Trust.
Pros: Has a leg like a fucking Krupps gun.
Cons: Rookie. Rookie. Rookie. Undrafted rookie. Free Agent Rookie.

Berkut

Foles is really starting out great, and I do think he has a real future in the NFL. He is one of those "intangibles" guys who just performs in game situations.

But he is still a rookie, and the best thing for him is at least a year or two backing up someone else. I don't think it is going to do him much good to get thrown into a starting role as a rookie.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Don't get me wrong, I've been 100% impressed with him all through camp and the preseason games.  Kid's got a leg.

Just that rookies at that position make me...nervous.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on August 26, 2012, 06:01:29 PM
Foles is really starting out great, and I do think he has a real future in the NFL. He is one of those "intangibles" guys who just performs in game situations.

But he is still a rookie, and the best thing for him is at least a year or two backing up someone else. I don't think it is going to do him much good to get thrown into a starting role as a rookie.

Well, even though it was preseason the Patriots were still throwing everything at Foles they could, and he looked awesome.
And anyway, playing behind Vick he's guaranteed to start at least one whole month or more this season.  I don't think he'll have a problem considering the kind of talent he's surrounded with on that offense to help carry the load when he spot-starts.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 26, 2012, 06:05:14 PM
Don't get me wrong, I've been 100% impressed with him all through camp and the preseason games.  Kid's got a leg.

Just that rookies at that position make me...nervous.

All kickers make me nervous.  They're weird.  One game they're making everything from all over the field, then they miss one in practice or something and it fucks their strange kicker brains up and they start missing PATs. 

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 26, 2012, 05:55:39 PM
Hey Neil--they waived Billy Cundiff.

In Justin Tucker We Trust.
Pros: Has a leg like a fucking Krupps gun.
Cons: Rookie. Rookie. Rookie. Undrafted rookie. Free Agent Rookie.
Yeah, I was waiting for the hammer to drop on Cundiff since Tucker was doing all the kicking last game.  Actually, I guess I've been waiting for the hammer to fall since The Kick.  Even Tucker bombing a kick into Flacco's wife's head couldn't stop it.  The goats of the Patriots game must be purged.

We'll see how the rookieness works out.  He was really nailing kickoffs the other night, which was the one aspect of Cundiff's game I was most impressed by.

CountDeMoney

Well, looks like you can subtract one knee from the Jets roster on that play.