NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 29, 2012, 07:37:38 AM
Vince Young coming to the Als?

Should I be happy?
Well, that's probably a good place for him.  Canadian gun laws will help prevent his stupid ass from trying to shoot himself every time he loses a game.  QBs that can run are rewarded in the CFL.  The only question is whether he can actually pass.  Also the Als offence is going to have to get simpler, due to VY's stupidity.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

So, now that Tucker's missed his first field goal, are all the people who said that the Ravens made a mistake by cutting Cundiff running their mouths?  Because Cundiff would be money from 57 yards. right?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 31, 2012, 01:18:35 PM
So, now that Tucker's missed his first field goal, are all the people who said that the Ravens made a mistake by cutting Cundiff running their mouths?  Because Cundiff would be money from 57 yards. right?

He was always solid points for my fantasy team.  Was surprised when he got cut.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 31, 2012, 01:18:35 PM

Haven't heard much on talk radio today about it.  Fantards are panicking over more important problems: Tyrod Taylor, the offensive line, back ups to Ray Rice that have looked less than impressive, the defensive secondary, and a long, long year ahead of them without a pass rush.
Kicker is the last concern.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2012, 01:26:46 PM
Haven't heard much on talk radio today about it.  Fantards are panicking over more important problems: Tyrod Taylor, the offensive line, back ups to Ray Rice that have looked less than impressive, the defensive secondary, and a long, long year ahead of them without a pass rush.
Kicker is the last concern.

All they need to do for reassurance is to look around the division.  Bungles and Steelers also have some big gaps.  The Ravens may not repeat last year's record, but I can easily see them winning the division again.

Our yokel fantards are too focused on the Reds to say much about the Bengals, and that's fine with me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Tyrod Taylor?  Is there something specific, or is it just more Baltimore 'black QB should start' nonsense?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2012, 01:31:24 PM
Our yokel fantards are too focused on the Reds to say much about the Bengals, and that's fine with me.

:lol: Total opposite here.  Orioles are in playoff contention for the first time since fucking Clinton, and everybody's in Purple mode.
Then again, it's pretty understandable:  this has always been a football town anyway, despite the great Orioles teams of the past...but right now, nobody under the age of 21 remembers a winning Orioles season.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 31, 2012, 01:33:59 PM
Tyrod Taylor?  Is there something specific, or is it just more Baltimore 'black QB should start' nonsense?

Total opposite:  all legs, can't throw, Flacco Insurance panic mode.  Then again, it's not like Curtis Painter has done anything to deserve the Ravens carrying 3 QBs, either.

derspiess

He put up some great numbers in college, but tended to choke when the game depended on him.  Surely nobody wants him over Flacco.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2012, 01:38:11 PM

He put up some great numbers in college, but tended to choke when the game depended on him.  Surely nobody wants him over Flacco.
Troy Smith was pretty popular before they shipped him out.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2012, 01:37:46 PM

Total opposite:  all legs, can't throw, Flacco Insurance panic mode.  Then again, it's not like Curtis Painter has done anything to deserve the Ravens carrying 3 QBs, either.

I kinda like Painter.  He had some flashes of brilliance last year, but yeah-- if they had a solid receiver or back who would be a decent emergency #3, they ought to go with 2 QBs.

CountDeMoney

I prefer Painter, especially with his relationship with Caldwell, but he's been out there killing worms.  At least Taylor can run to save his life, and has an extra year under his belt.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2012, 01:37:46 PM
If Flacco goes down, the Ravens are fucked no matter what.  Neither Taylor nor Painter is going to win them some games, and Rice won't help much when they put 8 in the box on every play.  Taylor just keeps doing the Mike Vick thing, tantalizing us with his potential, but not quite putting it together.  As for Painter, everybody's seen what he can do.  If he's throwing 3 picks against guys who are going to be out of a job in a couple of hours, he's probably not the guy.

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

You would think a QB with those aerial abilities would be coveted in the NFL.