NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Russell Wilson is your week 1 starting QB for the Seattle Seahawks.

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 26, 2012, 06:13:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 26, 2012, 06:05:14 PM
Don't get me wrong, I've been 100% impressed with him all through camp and the preseason games.  Kid's got a leg.

Just that rookies at that position make me...nervous.

All kickers make me nervous.  They're weird.  One game they're making everything from all over the field, then they miss one in practice or something and it fucks their strange kicker brains up and they start missing PATs. 

They will all vehmently deny having any superstitions, even though you know they have all sorts of routines & whatnot they won't tell anyone about.

Anyway, I finally logged in & cut Cundiff from my LFFL team.  I think this would have been my 3rd or 4th straight year having him on my team.  So long, Billy :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2012, 09:33:03 AM
They will all vehmently deny having any superstitions, even though you know they have all sorts of routines & whatnot they won't tell anyone about.

Oh, I bet they're the squirreliest nuts in the tree.  :lol:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Haha I just got this

QuoteAlbert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Kansas City names Brady Quinn club's No. 2 QB, ahead of Matt Cassel. I'm sure lots of Chiefs fans are devastated.

and was just doing this: :blink: until the correction came through:

QuoteAlbert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Whoa was that a bad typo ... Meant Brady Quinn's No. 2 ahead of fan favorite Ricky Stanzi. Matt Cassel remains starter.

derspiess

Saints are set to practice tomorrow & Wednesday at:  Paul Brown Stadium :huh:

I might run over & check it out for the sheer weirdness of it if I can get in.  I can see the field from my window at work, though, so I guess I could just bring binoculars.

Marvin Lewis was trying to put together a brief non-contact session with them but it didn't pan out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2012, 04:16:16 PM

I might run over & check it out for the sheer weirdness of it if I can get in.  I can see the field from my window at work, though, so I guess I could just bring binoculars.

Yeah, they flew out tonight.  I guess the Bengals are on the road?  And Isaac is kind of a motherfucker, so they had to practice somewhere...

derspiess

Quote from: ulmont on August 27, 2012, 08:57:21 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2012, 04:16:16 PM

Yeah, they flew out tonight.  I guess the Bengals are on the road?  And Isaac is kind of a motherfucker, so they had to practice somewhere...

Bengals play at Indy, but that's a close enough trip to do on game day.  So they'll be sharing facilities with the Saints thru Wednesday.

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2012, 09:32:24 PM
Bengals play at Indy, but that's a close enough trip to do on game day.  So they'll be sharing facilities with the Saints thru Wednesday.

Frankly, I'd think for a preseason game you could do a joint practice ala the Patriots and just head to Nashville, but who knows.  Certainly the Bengals knowing certain Saints tendencies is unlikely to fuck anything up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on August 27, 2012, 11:40:28 PM
Certainly the Bengals knowing certain Saints tendencies is unlikely to fuck anything up.

At this stage in the preseason, I'm not sure the problem is as much as learning another team's tendencies as it is seeing another teams' players up close that might get waived at final cut. 
If I had some serious bubble players I'd need to cut and then sneak past waivers to resign to the practice squad, I wouldn't want another team to see them up close in an inter-team scrimmage, either.  Not during the last week.  I think that's where Marvin Lewis may be coming from.

sbr

Billy Cundiff lands on his feet on the other end of the traffic jam and signs with the Redskins.

Neil

Probably a good decision.

Graham Gano got outkicked by Hauschka.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.