NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

QuoteWell, it was fun while it lasted.

Receiver Chad Johnson's stint with the Dolphins has ended.  A league source tells PFT that the Dolphins have decided to cut the veteran wideout.

The news was first reported by Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

It didn't happen because of poor performance (although based on Johnson's performance in the preseason opener it may have, eventually).  It happened because Johnson was arrested on Saturday night for head-butting the woman he married nearly a month ago.

There will be another sucker out there.

CountDeMoney

:lol: :lol: :lol:

QuoteDAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- For Chad Johnson, a weekend confrontation with his wife has led to repercussions beyond a misdemeanor charge and NFL unemployment.

VH1 pulled from its schedule the reality series ''Ev and Ocho,'' starring newlyweds Johnson - formerly known as Chad Ochocinco - and Evelyn Lozada. The network announced the move Monday, citing ''the seriousness of the allegations'' against Johnson, and said it had no plans to air the show.

The Dolphins terminated Johnson's contract Sunday night, about 24 hours after he was arrested in a domestic battery case involving Lozada, who is on the reality TV show ''Basketball Wives.'' ''Ev and Ocho'' was conceived as a spinoff and had been slated to debut Sept. 3.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe first official fight of training camp took place Wednesday -- the last camp practice that will be held at the Under Armour Performance Center this summer -- and it was a good one. Defensive end Arthur Jones and center Gino Gradkowski wrestled each other to the ground during one play. Jones wound up on top and both started swinging. Then offensive tackle Jah Reid was swarmed by a group of defenders, including safety Bernard Pollard, and dozens of players jumped in to either get a few shots in or attempt to play peacemaker. Once the players separated themselves, it was back to business and the practice ended without another incident.

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 05:12:36 AM
QuoteThe first official fight of training camp took place Wednesday -- the last camp practice that will be held at the Under Armour Performance Center this summer -- and it was a good one. Defensive end Arthur Jones and center Gino Gradkowski wrestled each other to the ground during one play. Jones wound up on top and both started swinging. Then offensive tackle Jah Reid was swarmed by a group of defenders, including safety Bernard Pollard, and dozens of players jumped in to either get a few shots in or attempt to play peacemaker. Once the players separated themselves, it was back to business and the practice ended without another incident.

Odd how the article failed to mention that this practice session took place in the showers.  :nelson:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

So, I've been watching a bit of the new NFL network morning show, and the poor broadcasters were having a terrible time.  They're trying to talk about the best rivalry in the NFL, and the broadcasters are trying to push Cowboys-Giants, Jets-Patriots and Saints-Falcons, but the three analysts weren't having any of that.  Somebody actually said 'Ravens-Steelers is the only rivalry in the NFL that matters'.  It's like somebody forget to tell them to turn the hype machine on for the trendy teams.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Hey...Roger Goodell sent me an email!

QuoteTo NFL Fans:
Like you, we are ready to get "Back to Football." And like you, we want to help ensure that young athletes participating in sports this fall are playing safely.

The health and safety of players at all levels of the game is our first priority. Among our most important initiatives is helping athletes and their coaches know the signs and symptoms of concussion; and what to do if they suspect an athlete has a head injury. Through the leadership of our NFL Head, Neck and Spine Committee and partnerships with organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we are finding new ways to protect players, adapt to scientific discoveries, and promote a culture of safety.

We applaud USA Football, the sport's national governing body and the expert in player development and coaching education, on the launch this week of its Heads Up Football program, a health and safety resource for parents, coaches and players.

As part of Heads Up Football, you can learn about the importance of properly fitted equipment, prevention and treatment of concussions from the CDC, youth football rules, and the basics of proper "Heads Up Tackling." To learn more, visit usafootball.com.

We are committed to the safety of young athletes, no matter what sport they play. This off-season, we announced our role in a multi-partner youth football helmet replacement program for underserved communities. The initiative will replace helmets that are 10 years old or older with new helmets at no cost to beneficiary leagues. With our partners in this campaign, including the NFL Players Association, we committed a combined total of approximately $1 million to the program, which will provide thousands of new helmets to youth football players in low-income communities.

With the support of the NFL, youth concussion laws have been passed so far in 39 states and the District of Columbia, protecting young athletes from returning to play too soon. We will continue our advocacy for this law in the remaining states.

To learn more about our health and safety work for athletes of the past, present and future, visit nfl.com/evolution and look out for two televised messages that will debut this season. We join with you in celebrating the return of the game we all love. Here's to a safe and exciting season.

Roger Goodell

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

The Texans resigned their LT (Duane Brown).  6 years, $53.4m, $22.08m guaranteed.   :)

derspiess

Weighing options for which Bengals game(s) I'll travel out to.  I'll be doing it on my own dime, so that's a factor.

Looking at Baltimore (longshot since the wife has crap planned for my birthday that weekend), Washington, Philly, or Pittsburgh.  Pittsburgh is the only driveable option for me-- the difference for the other three between gas/wear & tear on the car and airfare is negligible.

CountDeMoney