NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 09, 2012, 09:05:59 PM
They're airing the game at 1am.  PVR is set.

Kids are fun, because they're so intent on making the team that they do things that they shouldn't, like get infront of Vontae Leach.

Just like every preseason game, you've got your oh-shit-not-him injuries, and your who-is-that-kid moments.  You'll see.

Grey Fox

Do you guys believe that the Refs lookout lasts all season?

Those Refs, they are not the players, they have other jobs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

I am pretty sure the reguar refs will be back by opening day.  I mean lingerie league rejects?  Really NFL?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2012, 09:24:24 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 09, 2012, 09:05:59 PM
They're airing the game at 1am.  PVR is set.

Kids are fun, because they're so intent on making the team that they do things that they shouldn't, like get infront of Vontae Leach.

Just like every preseason game, you've got your oh-shit-not-him injuries, and your who-is-that-kid moments.  You'll see.

For tonight's game I'm more interested to see how many fistfights break out on the Jets sideline than I am about anything else.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

So, I splurged on the GamePass package.  :blush:

And now I'm gonna go watch the 2010 game Steelers @ Ravens.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

I torrented both Ravens-Steelers games form last year, and the 2009 playoff game vs. the Cheatriots.  Very pleasant.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

I've tried, but I just can't get into old games.  I know the outcome.  All of that anticipation / worry which makes live sports so good, is gone.

Now I will PVR a game and watch it later that day if I don't know the result, but watch a game from months ago?  Nah.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2012, 02:39:18 PM
I've tried, but I just can't get into old games.  I know the outcome.  All of that anticipation / worry which makes live sports so good, is gone.

Now I will PVR a game and watch it later that day if I don't know the result, but watch a game from months ago?  Nah.

Yeah, I'm the same way. 

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2012, 02:39:18 PM

There's some games that you watch to remember how you felt at various moments in the games.  I could watch Hines Ward get jacked up all day long, or see Brady get booed off his home field in the playoffs, where he had never lost.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Bengals looked pretty good tonight.  Or the Jets just looked terrible.  Jets fans went crazy when Tebow took to the field and I almost can't blame them, given that Sanchez is still the starter.

I decided not to do the injury review thingie, because it would mean "leaving the team".  So I'm back at the old spot, sorting video prints.  We can't wear team gear because we're technically outside of the bench area, so I have to wear that annoying generic-looking blue NFL gear.  Kinda wish I had taken the injury review job.  I did at least get a new pair of Nike trainers.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Haven't had chance to watch game yet (on in hour on NFL Network), But seems the backup QB ran for 85yrd touchdown in the 17-6 win over Vikes :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 10, 2012, 11:48:53 PM
I decided not to do the injury review thingie, because it would mean "leaving the team".  So I'm back at the old spot, sorting video prints.  We can't wear team gear because we're technically outside of the bench area, so I have to wear that annoying generic-looking blue NFL gear.  Kinda wish I had taken the injury review job.  I did at least get a new pair of Nike trainers.

Meh, you're better off down in the trenches, doing the important work with the video prints the squads need between drives. 

Think of yourself as Bengals Intelligence.  OK, that's a contradiction.  Bengals Geospatial Imagery Division.

MadBurgerMaker

:sigh:  Goddammit, they were so good

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/NFL-Films-Next-Man-Up/2064cb70-0751-4f8c-905f-166c2793eca5

e:  Oh, the all whites should be a standard uniform.  I can't stress this enough.  Fantastic uniforms.

Go Texans.  In Son of Bum we trust.

E2: Not in there, but: Cushing: "My forehead feels like D-Day."  The guy just fucking rules.  Oh, and TJ Yates is a damn hero.