News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chicago hot dog

Started by Caliga, February 29, 2012, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I nedd to go to Chicago on bidness at the end of next week, and for the first time in a long time it looks like I might have time to go have a meal on my own, rather than having it catered/going to a company function.  I want a real ChicAAAAAAHgo hot dog in its native habitat.  Tell me where to go, people.

I'll by flying in and out of Midway and my office is near Clark and Division St north of the river.  I told my admin to get me a hotel room right by the office so that's generally the neighborhood I'll be in the entire time.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Bro, that's nowhere at all near my office. :(

Caliga

Whoops, I meant Clark and Lake, not Clark and Division.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 29, 2012, 08:39:22 PM
Bro, it all tastes the same. Like everything else chicago, the hot dogs are overrated.
I'm starting to like Chicago, actually.  It's like a larger version of Philadelphia.  More egalitarian in nature and less snooty than fucking Boston or NYC.

Eddie Teach

They probably sell them at Wrigley Field. Any chance you can postpone for a month?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Admiral Yi

Wasn't aware there was such a thing as a Chicago hot dog.

Monoriu

What is so special about Chicago hotdogs? 

Caliga

@yi Yeah.  They have them at Sonic now.  But I wouldn't trust a Sonic Chicago hot dog to be authentic.  Also, I hate the way Sonic works.  I want a restaurant I can actually go in to. :rolleyes:

Caliga

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on February 29, 2012, 08:50:03 PM
@yi Yeah.  They have them at Sonic now.  But I wouldn't trust a Sonic Chicago hot dog to be authentic.  Also, I hate the way Sonic works.  I want a restaurant I can actually go in to. :rolleyes:

When I was stuck in San Angelo, TX....cute girls from the local college wearing skimping clothes while bringing my grape creamslush and tater tots was a welcome distraction after class.  :(

Eddie Teach

A hot dog without ketchup? :x
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Hotdogs are absolutely disgusting.
PDH!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 29, 2012, 09:02:55 PM
When I was stuck in San Angelo, TX....cute girls from the local college wearing skimping clothes while bringing my grape creamslush and tater tots was a welcome distraction after class.  :(

A real man doesn't apologize for perving out on the young trim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien